Chapter 8

"This person moves around quite a bit, but their house is always built the same way. Once I see it, I'll recognise it." said Yoruichi.

"Once you see it, huh?" said Ichigo.

"Yes, yes.Just once. Oh, I see it! There it is."

Everyone looked at where Yoruichi looked at.

"Wha--!" said Ichigo

" What's this?!" said Uryu.

"Wow! How neat!" Orihime exclaimed.

"Hm." said Chad.

"You can recognise once you see it, right?" said Yoruichi.

"That's not the issue!" Ichigo shouted.

"Wants to keep his identity a secret? That's a lie! He's probably not allowed to live in town because he builds houses like that!" said Uryu.

"That's gotta be it!" said Ichigo.

"Hmm This time, they went with human arms holding the banner. That's a nice touch." said Yoruichi.

"Each time-" said Uryu.

" - He changes the motif?" finished Ichigo.

"Let's go." said Yoruichi.

"Okay!" Orihime exclaimed.

While everyone left, only Ichigo and Uryu were still rooted to the spot.

Argh...we're going to that embarrassing house right now?! thought Uryu.

I don't want to be seen walking into a house like that! thought Ichigo.

"What's the matter? Hurry up!" said Yoruichi as she looked at Ichigo and Uryu.

"Alright." said Ichigo and Uryu together as they sweat dropped.

"Oh and Uryu! you better not tell anyone I went in this place or you'll pay for it!" said Ichigo as he glared at Uryu.

"Don't worry about that." said Uryu.

What's with that chimney? It's awfully big compared to the house. It looks like the opening is closed up.What the--? thought Uryu.

"Hold it!" said two mysterious voices.

"Huh?" Ichigo looked up and placed his hand on his Zanpakuto's hilt.

"Who goes there?!" said the figure on the right hand of the statue.

"Strangers! And one is a Soul Reaper!" said the figure on the left hand of the statue.

Both figures jumped down from their places and stood in front of the group.

"You're suspicious characters! I, Koganehiko -"

"- And Shiroganehiko -"

"-Will not allow you to pass!" they said together.

"Be gone!"

"Or you'll die right here!"

Damn! Not gatekeepers again?! The Soul Society is such a pain! thought Ichigo as he glared at the two men in front of him.

"Huh?" said Koganehiko and Shiroganehiko together as they looked at Yoruichi who was looking at them in her cat form. "Master Yoruichi?!"

"A descending stairway as soon as you enter? This house really is weird." said Uryu.

"I wonder how you get upstairs?" said Orihime.

"Please pardon us! We did not know it was you, Master Yoruichi and your servants. Please forgive our rudeness." said Koganehiko. (A/N don't actually know which one went with them so I'm using this guy. Sorry!)