Chapter 28

Soul Society...

With Ichigo and Byakuya

"What was that light?" Byakuya said. "Is this the power of your zanpakuto? Ichigo Kurosaki!"

"Yeah." Ichigo confirmed. "When I swing my sword, my zanpakuto absorbs my spiritual pressure. Then it releases highly concentrated spiritual pressure from its blade. In other words, it cast an amplified swing. That's Zangetsu's ability."

Indra's eyebrows twitched as he facepalmed. "What an idiot. He just told him all about how his zanpakuto works. I would understand if it was a person he trusted but an enemy..."

Kodzuchi and Hyakki Yagyo nodded while frowning.

"I'll say it once more, Byakuya Kuchiki!" Ichigo said as he stabbed his zanpakuto to the ground in front of him while holding its hilt with his right hand. "Fight me with your Bankai! I'm going to defeat you!"

"Well, at least he got spirit." Hyakki Yagyo deadpanned.

"Hn." Indra grunted.

"Tensho, Piercer of Heaven, huh?" Byakuya said stoically. "What a pretentious name...Very well. If you wish for it so strongly, then feast your eyes on...my Bankai." Byakuya said as he brought his sword up. "Don't worry, I won't let you regret it." He said as he let go of his Zanpakuto's handle, making it drop to the ground; however, to the surprise of everyone as soon as its tip touched the ground, it made white ripples. "Before you have the time to regret." Byakuya added. Suddenly the sword passed through the field and two rows of giant blades rose up from the ground.

Ichigo gasped in surprise.

"Bankai. Senbonzakura Kageyoshi." Byakuya said. The swords turned pink and transformed into sakura petals.

Indra narrowed his eyes slightly. He looked at how the captain was defending and attacking with the sakura petals. "They're not normal sakura petals." Indra mumbled as his eyes turned to his three tomoe sharingan. He saw how the tips of the sakura petals were razor sharp. "Interesting. The sakura petals are the swords however they're too small to see with normal eyes. Ichigo won't be able to defeat him with that kind of speed unless he speeds up he has no chance of surviving. Yet something tells me his speed will increase by using his Bankai." Indra smirked. "Now show me Ichigo...show me the power you have gained with your Bankai." Indra said as a glint of madness appeared in his onyx eyes.

"Ban..kai!" Ichigo said as his eyes glowed slightly blue.

Indra's smirk widened when Ichigo's spiritual spiked and his zanpakuto changed. "So...so, this is the power you gained? It is...acceptable for a beginner." Indra nodded, proud of his brother's achievement.

Byakuya looked shocked.

"Tensa Zangetsu." Ichigo said as he glared at Byakuya.

"What is that?" Byakuya said with widened eyes. "That little thing is your Bankai? It's just a regular zanpakuto."

I wouldn't underestimate my brother's power if I were you Kuchiki. Even the smallest things can make a difference in battle. Indra thought.

"I see...First, the execution and now the Bankai..."Byakuya trailed off. "It seems like you enjoy treading on the things we hold sacred. I'll show you then!"

Indra scoffed. Sacred? How amusing.

"I'll show you what happens when you insult our honor." Byakuya said as sakura petals fluttered around him. However, before he knew what happened, Ichigo's Zanpakutō was held at neck point.

"Hn. This is what I meant." Indra said smugly.

"Our honor, you say?" Ichigo said. "It seems like your so-called 'honor' has something to do with killing Rukia. Then I'll tread on it just like you said." Ichigo said as he jumped back. "This is why I got...this power!" He said as he pointed his Zanpakutō at Byakuya.