Chapter 24

Karakura Town - Urahara's shop

"Did the boy leave?" Tessai said as he looked at Kisuke.

"Yep." Kisuke chirped.

"Hmm..."

"I did not expect that boy to know him, though."

"If it ever comes to taking sides between the two of them who would you choose?"

"W-Well between the two of them one's a sadist, and the other's an idiot. The answer must be pretty obvious, don't you think?" Kisuke laughed.

Tessai crossed his arms on his chest. "Indeed."

"But jokes aside they might just be more dangerous than Souske."

"Agreed. Why did you let him go to Soul Society?"

"Who knows."

"You do realize that by doing this, you might as well doomed us all, don't you?" Tessai glared at the blonde shopkeeper.

Kisuke sweated bullets at his expression. "N-Now now don't worry I have a plan."

"You have a plan?" Tessai said, not believing a thing.

"O-Of course I do ehehe..."

Tessai narrowed his eyes. "You don't do you."

Kisuke flinched.

.

.

Soul Society - Sokyoku Hill

"So few people showed up," Soifon said as she looked at Omaeda.

"Huh?" Omaeda said.

"The squads with both the Captain and Lieutenant in attendance are the Head Captain's Squad 1, our Squad 2...Plus Kyoraku's Squad 8. It's no surprise that Squads 5, 11 and 12 are missing...But what are the others thinking? Even Unohana of Squad 4 is missing."

Rukia gasped as he saw Byakuya's approaching figure. "Elder Brother."

"Rukia Kuchiki... Do you have any last words?" Yamamoto said.

"Yes...Just one." Rukia whispered.

.

With Kenpachi

"That's--!" Sajin said as he looked at the blue light coming from Sokyoku Hill.

"Yeah looks like it's started." Kenpachi said while grinning.

.

With Ikaku

"This is--!" Ikaku gasped in surprise.

.

With Toshiro and Rangiku

"It's begun!" Toshiro said. "Let's hurry, Matsumoto!"

"Right!" Rangiku said.

Unbeknownst to them, a figure was looking at them from the shadows.

.

With Kiyone and Sentaro

"This is bad, Kiyone!" Sentaro shouted. "Looks like the execution has started! Isn't the Captain ready yet?!"

"Shut up!" Kiyone shouted. "I hear you! You don't have to yell, you armpit-smelling goatee monkey!" Captain!"

"You're yelling, too!" Sentaro grumbled.

Kiyone knocked on Jushiro's door. "Captain, are you ready?! Miss Kuchiki's execution has begun. "We must hurry! Captain?"

"Sorry to keep you waiting." Jushiro said as he walked out of his room. "Breaking the seal took a bit longer than I thought. But this should work. Our appeal to Central 46 did not go through, so this is the only recourse we have left. Let's go! We're going to destroy the Sokyoku!"