Chapter 11

Soul Society

"Hold on to me, Uryu!" Orihime said. "Hinagiku! Baigon! Lily! Santenkesshun! I reject!"

.

"What's your problem?!" Ichigo shouted.

"Shut up! Stay back! Turn to sand! Seppa!" Ganjus shouted as they were falling.

When Ichigo and Ganju hit the ground a circle of sand was around them.

"Thanks to your weird skill, we were saved..." Ichigo said.

"How did the sand get in here?" Ganju said as he kept coughing.

Ichigo sweatdropped. "Your skill did this. How long are you gonna keep coughing!" Ichigo kicked Ganju.

"Hey! You got a lot of nerve, punching the guy who saved your life!"

"Save my life?! I only said we were saved-!"

"Yahoo! What luck!" Ikaku shouted from the top of the roof.

Ichigo and Ganju looked towards the sound, and their eyes widened.

"We skipped out on boring guard duty, but you fell right into our hands! Lucky, I'm lucky! Today, I'm lucky! You, on the other hand, are unlucky."

"Yeah?" Ichigo said.

.

.

.

"Agh!" a shinigami screamed in pain before dying like the others.

Indra slashed out another shinigami. Bodies laid everywhere. Indra looked at the dead shinigamis stoically and sheathed his katana. "Hn. Pathetic. I thought you shinigami were supposed to be strong. Yet it appears you're not even at the same level as that usurper." Indra narrowed his eyes at the shadows and smirked. "Hn I'll be waiting to see your opening act soon-to-be dead captain and his fox." He smirked before disappearing in his Kamui.

Two figures stepped out of the shadows.

Aizen smirked. "It seems he knew we were here all along."

"Hm." Gin frowned worriedly as he saw the destruction caused by Indra. This isn't good.

.

.

.

From the top of the buildings, Indra looked at where his brother was. His eyebrows twitched as he looked at the bald shinigami. Kami why are all of them imbeciles?! As much as I hate to say this but I prefer Asura than these fools. At least he had some sort of brain. And what's with the stupid song?!

"Luck, luck, luck, luck, luck, luck Lucky! Luck, luck, luck Lucky!" Ikaku said as he kept hopping. "Luck, luck, luck, luck Lucky-y!" As he stopped hopping his bald head shined.

Everyone deadpanned at the odd sight.

Yumichika sighed in defeat as he looked at his friend's odd behavior.

Ikaku's eyes twitched at the awkward silence. "What are you doing, you fools?! I was doing my 'Lucky Dance' for you while waiting for you to come crawling out! Why are you staring like idiots? - Don't you understand human kindness?!"

Ichigo sweatdropped. "What's with him?"

"Wait a minute." Ganju said.

"Hm? What is it?" Ichigo looked at Ganju with annoyance.

"I'm gonna run first chance I get."

"So now you're going to run? What're you thinking?!" Ichigo shouted in annoyance.

"Fool! Can't you see?! They have way greater spiritual powers than ordinary Soul Reapers!" Ganju shouted.

"Hey, what are those two arguing about?!" Ikaku said.

"Hmph..maybe they're scared out of their wits to fight us." Yumichika said smugly.

"Well, let them take their time and argue." Ikaku said.

"But if they take too long, other guys will come and steal our glory." Yumichika pointed out.

Ikaku sighed."Yeah, that's true. Fine! I'll set a time limit! I'm so nice! I'll do another dance. Anyhow, I'm gonna run! So you two can do what you want."

"If you wanna fight, be my guest!" Ganju said as he started running away.

Ichigo and Indra sweatdropped.

"Huh? A disagreement?" Ikaku said as he looked at Ichigo.

"Something like that." Ichigo said.

"Tch you really shouldn't have run away. Get him Yumichika." Ikaku scowled.

"Right!" Yumichika said.

"Like I thought, one of them's coming after me. Damn it!" Ganju said as he looked at Yumichika who was following him.

"Hey." Ikaku said as he looked at Ichigo who got out of the sandy crater.

"Huh?" Ichigo looked at Ikaku. 

"Tell me...Why didn't you run? The other guy ran because he saw that our strength was greater than his, right? I think he made the right decision."

"If your strength is greater than mine, it's useless to run. You'd catch me for sure. But..if my strength is greater...I'll just defeat you and be on my way. That's all."

Indra smirked. Interesting.

"I see I guess you're not stupid after all." Ikaku said while Ichigo glared at him.

Ikaku struck where Ichigo was standing however to his surprise Ichigo dodged.

He dodged it?! He moves well! Ikaku thought a he smirked.

Ichigo brought his sword down at Ikaku however it was blocked. Ichigo's eyes widened. With the sheath?!

"At least tell me your name." Ikaku said.

"Ichigo Kurosaki."

"Ichigo huh? That's a good name."

"Really? No one's ever praised it before."

"Yeah. Guys with 'Ichi' in their names are full of talent and good looks. I'm 3rd-Seat Assistant Lieutenant, Squad 11. Ikkaku Madarame! My fellow 'Ichi,' let's be friends!"

"No way!"

"Hn I have seen enough." Indra said before leaving in his Kamui.

"Huh?" Ikaku looked towards where Indra was standing before and narrowed his eyes. Strange. I thought I sensed someone.