Chapter 16

Soul Society

"You seem to think that you already know my strength just by having fought me once. Let me tell you something. When the ranked Lieutenants and above are sent outside, our powers are severely limited so that we don't adversely affect the human world. My strength right now is five times greater than before." Renji said.

"So no matter how strong you become, there's no way you can defeat me! So does that mean that attack was the best you've got? It didn't affect me at all! Thank you! If I'm dealing with 11 people like you, I think I can handle it." Ichigo said.

Renji glared at Ichigo. "You idiot."

"Ichigo, you..." Ganju gasped.

"Are you all right?"Hanatora said nervously.

"Yeah, this is nothing." Ichigo said.

"It's amazing. I can't believe that he can remain standing in his condition." Hanatora said.

Damn it My vision is getting blurry. And my legs are shaky. Stop shaking, damn it! Ichigo thought.

"You talk big, but it seems standing is about all you can do." Renji said. "It's over!" Renji said as he brought down his sword at Ichigo. "If you didn't exist If she didn't meet you...Rukia wouldn't have had to go through all this!"

"Get away, Ichigo!" Ganju shouted.

"I won't let you get away!" Renji said as he blocked Ichigo from getting away.

"Ichigo!" Ganju gasped as he saw Ichigo being thrown into a building.

"It's impossible...It's impossible after all." Hanatora said. "Taking on a Lieutenant..."

.

.

With Momo and Izuru

"Kira... this..."Momo said.

"It's Abarai's Lieutenant insignia." Izuru said.

"He disappeared in the middle of the meeting. I was worried, so I went to Squad 6's barracks, and this is what I found in front Of his room."

"Are the Captains aware of this?"

"I haven't told them."

"I see."

"I thought about telling Captain Aizen, but I didn't want Abarai to get punished because of that."

"Until we know what's going on, this is the best course of action."

"Kira, what could this mean? To take off the insignia before he left..."

"It must be very important. Abarai's been mulling over the Kuchiki case a lot. In any case, I'll look for him, too."

.

.

With Renji and Ichigo

Ichigo and Renji panted as they looked at each other.

"Stubborn bastard." Renji said. "You want to save Rukia that badly?"

"Idiot! Not 'Want.' 'Will'!"

"Quit messing around! Rukia's crime became more serious because you stole her powers! Do you understand? It's your fault! It's your fault that Rukia will be killed!"

"I know that! That's why I'm gonna save her!"

I finally see it. His limit is three attacks. Ichigo thought.

.

"Now listen up..." Urahara said. "For anything that can be called an attack, the stronger the attack, the more limitation will be put upon the number of the attacks."