Chapter 15

Soul Society

"But still, if it's true what that bald guy said, and even if Rukia is in that white tower...the problem is which road to take to get there." Ichigo said as he lazily scratched his head.

"Oh, that's right. I have a map." Ganju said as he took out what seemed to be a map. "We wouldn't want to run into any Captains along the way, huh?"

"Rukia..." Hanatora said. "Are you talking about Rukia Kuchiki?"

"Huh?!" Ichigo looked at Hanatora.

"Just as I thought...It's her, isn't it? Then that "white tower" you referred to is the Senzaikyu. I know the secret way into that tower."

.

Soul Society - The Sewers

"Huh, I would have never thought of using the sewer system." Ganju said.

"Yes, this sewer system runs underground throughout the Seireitei so we can go anywhere without running into obstacles." Hanatora said as he led the other two.

"Don't the others know about this entrance? We pulled up an ordinary-looking tile."Ganju said.

"Yes, everyone knows about it, but I doubt they'll catch up with us down here." Hanatora said.

"Why's that?"

"The only people that fully comprehend this complex system are members of Squad 4, those of us who specialize in relief and aid." Hanatora continued.

"Oh, I see, this system is also used as a pathway for relief and aid." Ganju said. "That's why only the relief and aid company needed to master this system."

"N-Not exactly."Hanatora laughed nervously. "It's just that it's Squad 4's duty to clean the sewer system. We're weak, so we wind up with a lot of menial chores."

Ichigo and Ganju looked at the nervous shinigami dumbfounded.

"Damn, I kind of feel sorry for Squad 4." Ganju said.

"No... It's really not all that bad." Hanataro said.

"Hanataro." Ichigo said

"Huh?" Hanataro said.

"Why are you doing all this for us? We're your enemies. And just because we want to go to the White Tower..."

"Hey, Ichigo." Ganju said.

"Why are you guiding us without question?"

"I know a lot about you from listening to Rukia. Ichigo Kurosaki...Please Save Rukia!"

.

.

Squad 1 Barracks

"Here's the situation report." Yasochika said. "Sir Ikkaku Madarame, Third Seat of Squad 11, and Sir Yumichika Ayasegawa, Fifth Seat, same squad...The above high-ranking Seat officers, due to severe injuries, will withdraw from the front lines."

All of the shinigami gathered in the room looked at the blonde with grave expressions.

"A detailed damage report for the individual squads is still pending investigation." Yasochika continued. "However, regarding Squad 11...There is a report stating that they were nearly annihilated."

Renji scowled at the news.

"Squad 11 were?" Izuru said with a surprised expression.

"No way." Momo said.

"In just a few hours since entering this realm, they've managed to wreak that much havoc?" Shuhei said.

"Hah, how pathetic." Marechiyo said as he picked his nose.