16

dominic just got out of the hospital around 4 am and he had to perform in a few hours for ACL. i don't know how he has the engery to do all this with barely any sleep. spencer opened the door for dominic and let him hop into the back, urging me to follow dominic. as everyone gets in the van - arrested youth who went to their own van, dominic already had us sprawled out in the back seat. he had his back on the door with his legs out and i laid in between his legs , laying my head on chest. he had his broke ankle out and situated. soon we heard soft snores. i look up and the poor boy was already knocked the hell out.

"what time do we have to be at ACL?" i ask no one in general. spencer who seemed to be the only one awake at the moment since he was driving answered me.

"8am, that is in 4 hours, you should probably rest while you can." he looked in the mirror at me and back at the road. i thanked him quietly and got comfy. i felt dominic move his hand and grab mine, while his other hand was softly playing with my hair. i closed my eyes, enjoying the moment. soon i fell asleep.

-

i woke up as soon as dom let go of my hand. i lifted myself off his chest and rubbed my eyes. once i was done i looked over at dominic and noticed he was staring at me already. he yawned and wiggles his eyebrows at me. i chuckled at him and looked at where we were. we were in a parking lot. i looked back at dom and he was already answering me.

"it's 8 am, we have to go in and set up and everything." by the time he's finished, everyone was out of the car, get out of car, helping dominic as he gets out.

"crutches or wheelchair?" alex was the first to ask and of course dominic not wanting to be in a wheelchair at the moment and being stubborn about this whole thing,

"crutches" alex sighed staring at dominic. dominic just looked at him like a little kid.

"i'm not riding in that thing." he stubbornly crosses his arms as he says so. alex sighs and tells dominic to hold on. a few minutes later alex came around pushing the wheelchair, he decorated it with pink duck tape. dominic tried hiding his smile and leaned off on me and hopped to sit down. i smile at him, i offered to push dominic since alex is already running around like a chicken. surprisingly i could barely push dominic.

"you're fucking heavy, you know that?" i grunt. dominic laughs at me.

"you're just weak" he looks over his shoulder at me. i smile at him.

"need some help?" i look over and see the arrested youth boys walking over. aaron takes over pushing dominic. he seemed to do it waayyyy easier than me.

"you're still weak, couldn't even lift a case of water in highschool." gavin snickers at me. i huff and glare at him.

"jackass that was 9th grade okay, i just haven't been to the gym." i put my head high like i'm proud.

"in 7 years." i look at him and start laughing bc i know he's right.

aaron and dominic were ahead as aaron was swerving in circles as dominic laughs. soon aaron tripped over his own feet and crashed down, all you heard was dominics loud laugh.

"if one of you break a leg or another limb i'm gonna to lose my mind." ian warms them while laughing at how stupid they were being. gavin ran over to help aaron while laughing, aaron could barely stand he was laughing so hard. gavin tried holding hand out but instead he threw he head back and laughed some more. ian laughed at them and just shook his head.

"they're always messing around, there's never a dull moment with them." ian spoked as he looked at me. i looks at ian realizing he looks very young but old.

"how old are you?" i question him.

"25." i choked on my spit.

"you look 17! holy fuck!" i exclaimed.

"i know, everyone's shocked when they learn about it."

"how old is aaron??" i was expecting 24 honestly but when he told me he was 19 i think i almost died on spot.

"you're absolutely kidding! what! that's insane he looks the oldest!"

ian and i talk some more as we catch up with the other boys.

—-

soon we get to yungblud performance and i was current in the crowd with ian and them while alex wheels dom around on stage. the poor boy ripped his pants and everything. it was quite comical how he was still going and how angry he looked when he couldn't get up and run around everywhere. you could see how angry it makes him. soon after the set, dominic had to meet fans which would take a long while, therefore i went off and hung out with the arrested youth boys. it was crazy how much we had in common, honestly it really was. i also missed gavin, i forgot how much we hung out and how i've missed him. while ian and aaron went to get eli, it was just gavin and i.

"so how's life been gavin? you know.. after you got up and left?" i look at my hands remembering how i came home to seeing gavin in moving truck. i was completely heartbroken. i heard gavin sigh.

"well, i've been trying to make a music career. i've missed you, trust me i did." he side hugs me.

"it hurt gavin, coming home to see you leaving. you didn't even tell me." gavin never explained why he did it.
(this didn't happen it's part of the book.)

"my dad finally laid his hands on me. i had to leave. he threw me to the ground. i was so angry lexie, i got up and punched him. he passed out. i was so scared i packed my things and left the next few days." i looked at gavin with sad eyes. i remembered the nights he would stay at my house because of his dad.

"i would've helped you gavin, really. i'm sorry that happened. i'm glad you're doing better, you met awesome friends like aaron and ian and i'm proud of you." i looked back at the crowds in front of us.

"i should've told you, i didn't think. im glad also, I'm living my dream right now and it's all i could imagine. touring the country with my bestfriends! who would've thought idiot gavin from english class would be touring!" i laugh with gavin as he goes on. we start to talk about random memories and laugh at a lot of them. we stayed talking till it was time to leave again.

—-