Chapter 25

Wu burst into the hospital room, startling Lloyd. "Well that was fast..." Lloyd said

"What did the OverLord say to you!?" Wu exclaimed

"He... He said that he'd destroy Ninjago, but that I'd be the one who would bring it's demise..." Lloyd repeated what the OverLord had said over and over in his head "Uncle Wu, is he going to turn me evil?"

"It seems that is his plan Nephew."

"I... What if he succeeds?" Lloyd asked worry in his eyes "What if... What if he... What if I turn into my Dad?"

"I will not allow it Nephew."

"Promise?"

"I promise."

------

After several weeks of being in the hospital. Lloyd finally was allowed to go home. Lloyd and his mother rode in the car, headed to the apartment. "Lloyd, do you want to stop anywhere and get something to eat?"

"Sure."

"How does a burger sound?"

"Okay..."

Misako sighed "Lloyd is something wrong?"

"N-No, why would you ask?"

"You're being really quiet... You're normally so much more talkative.

"Nothing's wrong Mom. I'm fine."

"Lloyd, don't lie to me..."

"Dad visited me while I was in the hospital..." Lloyd said trying to change the topic

"Is that what made you upset?"

"No... I just thought I'd tell you..."

"Did you two talk?"

"Yeah... He told me why he wasn't there for me..."

"He did?"

"He said, he said you didn't want him to corrupt me..."

"Well..."

"Did you Mom?"

"Yes... I... I did say that, but I didn't think he'd leave. I had hoped, he could just find some way to change..." Lloyd sat silently as Misako pulled into a McDonald's drive-thru. "What sounds good? McDouble, or McChicken?"

"McDouble..."

"You want anything to drink?"

"Sprite..."

"Fries?"

"Sure..."

Soon Misako was driving down the road, Lloyd sat in the back seat, slowly eating his fries. "Lloyd... Are you sure nothing's wrong?"

"Yeah... I'm sure... There's nothing to worry about..." Lloyd stared out the window, thinking about the nightmare, eventually he fell asleep...

Darkness. Nothing was visible. All Lloyd could see was a strange Golden glow around him. Black chains were wrapped around his wrists and ankles. He was unable to move from where he was. The black chains had flecks of purple and dark blue, and they hurt his wrists and ankles. It was a burning pain, like the chains were made of fire.

Misako looked back at Lloyd as she parked in front of the apartment building, Lloyd lay peacefully sleeping. She smiled, until she heard him whimper, as though he were being tormented. "Lloyd? Sweetie, it's okay, it's just a dream."

Lloyd was helpless. Trapped as the OverLord tormented him in his dream. "Please!! Stop!!" Lloyd cried, tears slipping down his cheeks

"I'll stop when my plot is through!"

Misako worriedly shook Lloyd, trying to wake him as tears dripped down his face "Lloyd! Lloyd wake up!"

"Please, just leave me alone!"

"You'll be alone when I'm done with Ninjago! You'll be the only human left! And all you'll see for miles around, will be the corpses of your loved ones!!"

"Just stop! You're sick! Insane!"

"I, am an Oni. Pure Oni. You, are merely half Oni, not to mention your useless dragon half!"

"I don't even know what that means!!" Lloyd cried, tears dripping onto the dark floor. "Please! Just leave Ninjago alone!"

"You will be the one to destroy Ninjago! You will be the weapon of destruction, weather you want to be or not!"

"Never!" Lloyd yelled "I will never be evil! I refuse to be like my father! I refuse to be like you!"

"You have no power in this!! Your powers will be what destroys Ninjago, and all other realms!!"

Lloyd woke up, crying. Tears falling down his face. "Lloyd, Lloyd, are you okay!?" Misako exclaimed as she hugged Lloyd

"I... I'm fine Mom... It... It was just a dream... A bad dream." Lloyd told her as he unbuckled his seatbelt and clambered out of the car "I'll be in my room..."

Misako watched as Lloyd walked inside. She sighed and headed inside herself. Until her phone rang. "Hello?" She questioned as she answered

"Hello Misako..."

Misako sighed "Hello Garmadon. I heard you visited Lloyd."

"He told you about that?"

"Yes. I.... I'm honestly glad, you had the chance to talk to him."

"Really?"

"Yes. I hope he finds a way to free you from the Devourer's venom."

"He's the one destined to defeat the dark lord. My father's enemy."

"Garmadon, he will win. The ultimate battle is yet to start. When it starts, he'll be ready."

"I just hope I won't be the one who helps the OverLord to be able to fight Lloyd."

"Garmadon, even you wouldn't be so evil as to turn on your own son." Misako said kindly

"Thank you Misako."

"Well, I need to get inside, bye."

''Goodbye Misako."

-----

Lloyd sat alone in his room playing on his phone and eating sour patch kids, when something tapped on his window. "Kai? What the hell are you doing here?" Lloyd asked as he opened the window

"Wanted to say hi." Kai replied as he climbed in the window and grabbed a handful of sour patch kids

Lloyd rolled his eyes as Kai tossed a sour patch kids into his mouth "Well you said hi, and you stole my candy. You need anything else?"

"Nah, Nya's on a date with Jay, and I was alone in the apartment soooo, I came to hang out."

"Okay... Comics?"

"Comics." Kai agreed grabbing the stack of Starfarer comics from the nightstand and opening the first comic.