Chapter 39

"Well..." Lloyd mumbled as he climbed back into his room. His father scowled. "What?" He asked

"How many times has this happened?" Garmadon asked

"I've been possessed once Dad, once. I'm fine."

Kai sighed "I'm sorry Lloyd, I was walking home after school, someone posted that photo, I called you, and it happened right after I hung up. The one time I forgot to wear that deepstone necklace."

"It's fine Kai. You should head home, your parents are probably worried." Lloyd replied as he pulled out his phone "I'll text Nya and tell her you're okay."

"No, I'll call your parents and tell them you're okay, Kai, Lloyd you're grounded." Misako frowned as she took Lloyd's phone

Lloyd sighed as Kai left "This birthday still doesn't top last year."

"Really?" Garmadon asked

"Nothing will top a giant cat attacking the city because of me."

Garmadon sighed and hugged his son. "Lloyd, promise me you won't go anywhere without this." He said strictly

"I never do Dad. I've been wearing it for months now."

"Now, tell me, what made today so terrible?"

Lloyd sighed dramatically "Cyrus Borg came to school today, he announced to the whole school that it was my birthday... And I almost got mugged."

Garmadon's eyes widened "What son of a bitc-"

"It's fine Dad, but, someone posted a photo of me judo-flipping the guy and people started trash talking me on the internet.... I might once again be the most hated teen in Ninjago by sunrise."

-----

"Lloyd Garmadon was seen, Judo-Flipping a man, were here at his family's apartment building to ask a few questions." A news anchor said on the TV in the Garmadon's apartment

Lloyd was asleep in his room, and Misako was at work. Garmadon was drinking some tea in the kitchen when he heard the TV "Crap." There was a knock at the door

"Hello? This is Gale Gossip, could we come in and interview Lloyd?" A few moments passed "Are you sure this is the right apartment?" Garmadon sighed and walked to the door. He opened it. "Oh, Lord Garmadon-"

"It's Sensei now." Garmadon corrected "It's also seven in the morning, on a Saturday. My son's not awake yet."

"Oh well, could we interview you?"

Garmadon looked at the news anchor in annoyance. "No." He began to shut the door, when there was a yell from Lloyd's room. Garmadon immidietly rushed towards the hall, muttering to himself. "Damn Nightmares."

Gale looked at her camera crew "What are you gawking at? Let's go see what the yelling was about!" She commanded the group

-----

Lloyd was tossing and turning in his bed, the blanket was on the floor, and pillows laid halfway across the room. "No.... STOP IT!" Lloyd yelled in his sleep

Garmadon ran into the room and began to try to wake his son up. "Lloyd, son, wake up, it's just a dream."

"NO! STOP IT! LEAVE THEM ALONE!!!"

Garmadon was so busy trying to wake Lloyd he didn't notice Gale Gossip and her camera crew recording what was happening. "Lloyd, it's okay son, it's just a dream."

Lloyd shot up, his eyes wide in terror. They glowed bright green. "NO!" He shouted as he sat up. He looked around confused for a minute. "Another one. That's what, sixteen this month." He looked at the door "Why is there a news anchor in my room?"

Garmadon looked at Gale Gossip "You need to leave."

"What just happened? Why was he screaming? What was he dreaming about? Who?" Gale asked as Garmadon pushed her out of the room

"None of your business. None of your business. None of your business. Aaaaaand, None of your business. Good bye now." Garmadon closed the door of the apartment in Gale's face once he got all of the camera crew out of the apartment. "By my father's name, people can be so annoying and nosey." Lloyd walked into the kitchen in his green pajamas. "Hey Son, are you okay? What was it this time?"

"I'm fine Dad, same as usual. I'll tell you later, in case Gale Gossip decided to eavesdrop." Lloyd said

"Guys, go go leave, he knows we're here." Someone muttered from behind the door, then shuffling of feet was heard

"Knew it." Lloyd yawned as he sat at the table. "But yeah, same as usual people I care about getting hurt, and something threatening me for their safety."

"Who was it this time?"

"You, Uncle Wu, Mom, Kai, and Nya."