Chapter 30

Lloyd sat on his bed reading a comic. He glared at the door. Not long after putting Lloyd on house arrest, Garmadon had put a padlock on Lloyd's bedroom window, there was only one key for this lock. There had been much yelling in the apartment that day. It was 5:03 in the morning, and Lloyd was thinking about what had happened.

Lloyd walked into his room. "Dad? What're you doing?" He asked when he saw his father at the window. Lloyd saw the padlock "Is that a lock?" He asked "Do you seriously not trust me?"

Garmadon sighed "Lloyd, Chen should never be trusted."

"Apparently I can't be trusted either!"

"Lloyd no one said that."

"WELL YOU'RE PUTTING A PADLOCK ON MY WINDOW!" Lloyd exclaimed "YOU OBVIOUSLY DON'T TRUST ME!"

"Lloyd, calm down."

"WHY SHOULD I? FIRST YOU PUT ME ON HOUSE ARREST BECAUSE SOME JERK THREW A FORTUNE COOKIE AT ME! STUPIDEST REASON EVER BY THE WAY, AND THEN YOU PUT A FREAKING PADLOCK ON MY BEDROOM WINDOW!" Lloyd yelled "THERE IS OBVIOUSLY NO TRUST!"

"LLOYD! I AM JUST TRYING TO PROTECT YOU!"

"MAYBE I DON'T NEED PROTECTING!" Lloyd shouted "I DID PERFECTLY FINE FOR SIXTEEN YEARS! HECK I HAD TO FIGHT OFF YOUR GENERALS!" He yelled, but then covered his mouth. "Dad... I... I'm sorry... I didn't... I didn't mean it..." Lloyd  apologized when he realized what he had said. Garmadon saddened, and left the room "D-Dad!"

"I'm sorry that I was terrible father." Garmadon sighed, tears dripped to the floor

"Dad, I... I don't mean it. I'm sorry."

"What is said, is said."

Even though it had happened hours  ago, Lloyd began to cry, he hadn't meant to hurt his father's feelings. He was just so mad! He thought his father didn't trust him. There was a knock at his bedroom door. "Y-Yeah?" Lloyd replied as he wiped away some tears

"May I come in?" Garmadon's voice rang out

"Yeah, sure..." Loyd replied. Garmadon opened the door, his gray hair was messed up, and he looked as though he'd been crying for hours. Lloyd stood and hugged his father. "I'm sorry Dad! I didn't mean it!"

Garmadon smiled gently "It's okay Son." Garmadon replied as he hugged his crying son. "I know you didn't. You were just mad."

"I'm sorry." Lloyd continued to cry. After a few minutes Lloyd calmed down and he said "Dad."

"Yes Son?"

"You're not a terrible father. You're the best."

Garmadon continued to smile at his son. "I love you Lloyd."

"Love you too Dad."

That's when a rock flew through the window. Broken glass lay on the floor around the rock. The rock itself was about the size of a baseball. But the glass wasn't just on the floor. A shard about three inches in size had sunk about half an inch into Lloyd's shoulder. Garmadon growled and shouted a few curse words at whoever had thrown the rock, but hurried to get the first aid kit at the same time. He carefully pulled the shard out of Lloyd's shoulder, cleaned the cut, and bandaged it. Lloyd, who was teary-eyed from the shard being pulled out of his arm hugged his father. "Are you okay Lloyd? How bad does it hurt? Do you need an ice pack?"

"Dad I'm okay." Lloyd looked at his father, tears in his eyes "I've been hurt worse."

Garmadon hugged Lloyd. "I'm proud of you Lloyd."

"For what?"

"For being such a good boy. For standing up to me when I was evil. For freeing me from the Devourer's Venom. For all the good things you've done throughout your life. Weather I know of them or not." Garmadon smiled "Now, stay here. I need to go clean up the glass on your bedroom floor."

"I can get it."

"No, you've been cut on it already. I'll get it..." Garmadon said as he checked the time "Go wake up your Mother for me..."

"Okay..." Lloyd hurried to his mother's room to wake her

Garmadon stepped into Lloyd's room, a broom and dustpan in his hands. He glared at the rock. A note was tied to it. He picked up the note and read it. 'If you don't wish harm upon your son, allow him to go to the Tournament of Elements. If you do not, Master Chen will have to take drastic measures, and no one wants that.  -Clouse' Garmadon growled angrily "Dammit Clouse. Dammit Chen. I need to protect my son." Garmadon said as he began to sweep the glass shards into the dustpan. "I could send him to Wu's... The Destiny's Bounty would be hard for Chen's men to find...." Garmadon thought as he cleaned up the glass, he thought one thing 'I must protect my child.'