Chapter 28

Lloyd finally arrived at the Destiny's Bounty. "Uncle?" He called "Sorry I took forever, I got swarmed by news reporters. One of them asked my favorite color." Lloyd stepped onto the ship. As soon as he did, the boat, began to float. I don't mean on the water, I mean in the air. "U-Uncle Wu?" Lloyd asked, just before being grabbed from behind "What the, Hey!" He exclaimed

"Wu isn't here." A familiar, and dark voice chuckled

"OverLord." Lloyd frowned

The OverLord stepped out of the shadows, two soldiers who seemed to be made of stone followed him, with a tray of strange black goo."Correct."

"What is that?"

"This, is Dark Matter, though you are immune, as well as Wu and your Father. The rest of Ninjago, is not."

"What do you mean I'm immune?"

"Well, for the most part you're immune. If you were to consume it, you would become evil, temporarily. Possibly a few days under my control."

"I'm not gonna eat that." Lloyd glared "There is no way in Hell that I'd ever even think to eat that."

"You won't have to want to." The OverLord "But if you ever want to know the good in your father, you will."

"You... You can free him from the Devourer's venom?"

"It will drain most of his energy, he'll hardly be able to walk. But yes I can."

"You.... You won't hurt him? Or the rest of my family?"

"Of course."

"That includes my friends!"

"What?"

"Friends, are the family you get to choose. They're part of my family."

"I won't lay a hand on them."

Lloyd pondered for a moment, then came up with a plan. "Fine. But you have to free my father from the Devourer's venom first."

"Of course. Bring out Garmadon."

Lloyd watched as Garmadon was dragged into veiw by the stone warriors, and, as if by magic, being changed into, a normal person. Grey hair, two arms, an elderly face. "D-Dad?"

"Lloyd?" Garmadon said as he looked at Lloyd

The stone warriors let go of the two, Garmadon rushed over and hugged Lloyd. "Dad, is... Is it really you?"

"Yes Lloyd, it's me." Garmadon smiled as he hugged Lloyd

"All the Devourer's venom, it's... It's gone..." Lloyd looked at Garmadon "You said it would drain his energy."

"So I did..."

"You said he wouldn't be able to walk."

"So what, he has a little more energy then I thought..."

"If he isn't able to walk, he shouldn't be able to run." Lloyd frowned "This isn't my father."

"You're smarter than you look kid, I'll give you that." The OverLord grinned as the fake Garmadon evaporated "Your father's right here. In my possession."

"What is it with my family and getting possessed?" Lloyd muttered

The OverLord stepped towards Lloyd. "I'll free him, but you know the price."

"My father, may be in your possession, but that means he's still in there."

"Your father, IS GONE!"

The OverLord shot dark powers at Lloyd, and Lloyd countered with a bright green energy blast. "FIGHT HIM FATHER, FIGHT HIM!"

For a second, the OverLord's appearance changed, for a moment Garmadon was in control "Lloyd..."

"FATHER!"

"YOUR FATHER IS GONE!"

"NO! I JUST SAW HIM! HE'S STILL IN THERE!!!" Lloyd yelled, the beam of green energy turning Gold. The OverLord, was blasted back into the city, where soon an explosion went off "FATHER!"

Lloyd ran through the city, towards what was now a smoking crater in the center of Ninjago City. He dug through the rubble, until he saw an arm sticking out from under a pile of rubble. He moved the bricks, and there lay an elderly man, with gray hair, and an elderly face. He was just barely conscious, but he was alive. Lloyd searched everywhere, unable to find Garmadon. Until the elderly man woke up the rest of the way, and saw him. "Lloyd?"

Lloyd looked at the old man. "Can I help you?"

"Lloyd it's me." The man smiled "Your father."

Lloyd stared at the man. "D-Dad?"

"Seems knocking the OverLord out of me. Got rid of the Devourer's venom as well."

"How do I know this isn't another one of the OverLord's tricks?"

"Remember when we got the ultimate ultimate weapon? Your arm fell off, I helped you put it back on, when I didn't even know it was you."

"Tell me something that only you would know."

"The first time you said your name, you said La-Lloyd." The man smiled "Ask your mother, it was adorable."

"I'll text her and ask..."

'Hey, Mom.'

'LLOYD WHERE ARE YOU THERE WAS AN EXPLOSION AND I SAW YOU RUNNING TOWARDS IT!!!'

'Mom, calm down. When I fist said my name, did I say La-Lloyd?'

'Yeah, it was so adorable.'

Lloyd looked at the man 'Mom.'

'Yes?'

'Dad is not evil anymore.'

Lloyd took a photo of his father and sent it to his mom. "You're... You're no longer evil?"

"Now a drop of venom left in me."

Tears brimmed Lloyd's eyes as he hugged Garmadon "I love you Dad."

Garmadon smiled happily "I love you too son."