Chapter 26

Lloyd and Kai sat in Lloyd's room reading comics and munching on sour patch kids. After a while Kai heard light snoring. He looked over at Lloyd, and noticed that the Green Ninja, had fallen asleep, a comic laid on his face. Kai stifled a laugh. He checked his phone, 11:38 at night. Kai looked over at his friend. The real reason he had come over, was because Misako had texted Kai's mom, Maya, and asked if Kai could come over because Lloyd was acting strange. Maya, having known Misako and Lloyd for a very long time, agreed. She knew Lloyd was a good kid. Unlike Cole's dad, who absolutely despised Lloyd. Kai smiled at his sleeping friend and began to text his mom. 'It got a bit late, I'm staying at Lloyd's. I'll be home tomorrow.' He typed, yawning as he did. Kai then sent the text, and sat for a moment, that's when Lloyd shot up and yelled something, in a foreign language. "Watashi no yūjin kara hanare nasai!" (Get away from my friends!!!)

Kai stared at Lloyd for a moment. "What?" Kai questioned. Tears we're filling Lloyd's eyes. "Are... Are you okay? Did you.... Did you have a bad dream?"

"Y-You could say that..." Lloyd replied

"Solo fue una pesadilla Lloyd, estás bien." Kai said kindly as he hugged his terrified friend (It was just a nightmare Lloyd, you're fine.) Kai smiled down at Lloyd "No dejaré que nada te lastime, amigo mío." (I will not let anything hurt you my friend.)

"Kai."

"Yeah?"

"I don't know Spanish..."

"Then how'd you know it was Spanish?"

"Spanish is the only other language you speak other then English, and gibberish."

"I do not speak gibberish."

"Lies." Lloyd grinned as he reached for a comic

Kai laughed "What'd you have a nightmare about?"

"It wasn't necessarily a nightmare... More like I was mentally attacked by a powerful being who wants to use me to destroy all of Ninjago."

Kai looked blankly at Lloyd for a moment. "Well okay then. I say we get some sleep."

"Okay. You know where the sofa is." Lloyd replied. Kai laughed and rolled his eyes as he stole Lloyd's blanket and ran out to the living room "DANG IT KAI!!! GIVE ME MY BLANKET BACK!"

"LLOYD MONTGOMERY GARMADON GO TO SLEEP! IT IS 11:45!!!"

"Sorry Mom, Kai stole my blanket."

"Kai. Give him his blanket."

Suddenly a blanket landed on Lloyd's head "Real mature Kai."

-------- (I'm just saying this now, Lloyd will not be the only one with dream scenes. The OverLord is gonna bother the others to)

Kai sat in a cold, dark room. Darkness surrounded him. A few feet away, he saw, "Lloyd?"

It was Lloyd, but it wasn't. The teen that stood there, had black hair, unlike Lloyd's bright blond, and red eyes, much different then Lloyd's kind green eyes. Not only that, but this guy was deathly pale. "Not exactly." A dark voice growled

"Who's there!?"

"I am the OverLord. And this, is what your friend will become. Wether he wants to or not." The voice replied as 'Lloyd' walked over to Kai, a purple ball of energy in his hands

"No! Lloyd would never.... He would never be evil!" Kai exclaimed as he backed away from 'Lloyd'

"No one chooses their destiny. He'll suffer just as much as Ninjago. After the destruction of the realm, I will kill him with my own two hands."

"Leave Lloyd alone!"

The OverLord laughed "He's said the same thing. Over and over he cries 'Leave my friends alone! Leave Ninjago alone! Leave my family alone!' All will be dead by the time I'm done with this realm!!"

'Lloyd' threw the ball of energy at Kai. Kai dodged. "Lloyd! This isn't you!!" That's when Kai noticed it. The chains on 'Lloyd's' wrists and ankles. The skin around the chains, a dark purple. "Lloyd."