Prologue

So, this part will actually be part of a chapter later on in the book, but it I think it'd help you understand the relationship between the reader (you) and Lloyd. Please forgive me, my first X Reader. Also, be aware of typos and...stuff. If you're reading this thank you so much for giving it a chance!

-

I find it so funny how far me and Lloyd got....

-

"But I don't want to go!" I ran into Lloyd's arms, breathing in his light, cinnamon scent, running a hand through his light blonde hair. Tears welled up in my eyes, and I let them flow down my cheeks. "I wanna stay with you."

I felt his arms wrap around me, tugging me closer to him, as if we could never get close enough. He took my chin in his hands, tilting my head up so I could meet his gaze. He kissed me gently, his soft lips moving against mine.

He chuckled through the kiss. "Funny how you hated my guts at first and wanted to leave so bad, and now you wanna stay." He said, pulling away. I smiled at his jokes. His mockery. How he could be so cocky one moment and all serious-leader-man the next moment?

Lloyd cupped my face in both his hands, wiping away my tears with both thumbs.

"Y/n, we need to go. Now." Kai urged, taking my hand in his before trying to pull me away from Lloyd. I shook my head.

"No!" I hugged Lloyd tighter. I may have looked childish and stupid, perhaps like a little brat, but I didn't care. I loved him....

Oh my God. I love him. I love him. An explosion rattled the Bounty, causing me to fall, and Lloyd to stumble back, losing his balance. Kai groaned. "Y/n! We need to go - now!"

I shook my head. "No! I'm not leaving without Lloyd!"

"There isn't enough room on the ship!" Jay yelled, poking his head out of the tiny pod.

"I don't care. You die I die!" I screamed into Lloyd's chest before crying more. Cole jumped out of the tiny pod before wrapping his large arms around my waist and pulling me off of Lloyd.

The Bounty shook again, the fire on the other end eating away faster and faster at the deck. I watched and Sensei Wu and Lloyd stepped back. As Cole forced me into a seat, I noticed that Lloyd's green eyes were glossed over. This was the first time I had ever seen him with tears into his eyes. One even fell down, and he didn't bother to wipe it as the door to the pod closed, and the rest of the Ninja and me flew away.

What frustrated me the most was that I realized I loved Lloyd and never got the chance to say it.