Chapter Four

Shivers - Rachel Platten

Come Sail Away - Olivia Holt

Enchanted - Taylor Swift

(Btw these are all songs I think fit the scene)

"Fuck no." I snapped.

Wu raised his white eyebrows.

"Fucking no."

They had just asked me to stay in the bounty with them. I can't. I won't. Does it really matter that much if I have any sort of power? So what if I misuse it from time to time? Like I'll ever get away if they catch me.

"I don't need no damn protection. I'm my own hero. These buff idiots can go rescue damsels that are actually in distress." I snapped.

Wu shook his head. "You don't understand."

"Okay," I shrugged, "I don't. So help me understand why I need a guy with me."

Wu sighed, motioning for me to sit again. I shook my head, to tense to move or relax. Why the fuck was this guy always freaking relaxed?!

It made me so mad how he was always calm and always...Y'know.

Wu opened his mouth. "Y/n, I just told you why you need to hide."

"From Chen? Oh please. If it was the Overlord then I would have a real reason to go into hiding. But Chen is just....dumb."

"Chen is a clever man, no matter how clueless he may seem at times. Y/n, I'm sorry, but we aren't letting you go. You have a power that needs the be contained. It is one of the most dangerous elements out there. Being able to copy one's powers and duplicate what another can do can be deadly."

I pressed my lips into a thin line. I wanted to shake my head, to say that Wu was wrong and that I would have never used it anyways, but I nodded. As much as I hated it, I knew he was right.

<><><>

"This is where you're going to stay." Kai opened a door, leading me inside. There was a twin bed in one corner and a tiny window on a wall. There was a nightstand beside the bed with a tiny little lamp resting on its surface. Have to admit, it was something pretty fucking small. But it was something.

I crossed my arms. "Um...I don't have any clothes. Or a toothbrush. Or -"

Kai cut me off. "We'll get your stuff."

"What am I supposed to do? Tell you where I live?" I snapped.

"We already know where you live." Kai chuckled before shutting the door.

I narrowed my eyebrows, flopping down on my back. The bed underneath me was comfy, a home-ish kind of feeling. I was going to take time, but I can tell that I could get comfortable here.

I jumped at a knock.

"Come in." I said, my voice faltering.

The door opened slightly, and a head popped through. His blonde shaggy hair, vibrant green eyes. I recognized him right away.

The green ninja came through the door and entered my room. "Hey," he sat down beside me on the bed. It took me a while, but I managed to utter a hateful hi.

"Um," The green ninja began, holding out his hand, "I'm Lloyd."

I nodded. "I'm...Y/n."

"Well, Y/n, it's nice to meet you."