Chapter Five

Smash into You - Hey Violet

I woke up the next morning sore and tired. I sat up, rubbing sleep from my eyes and pushing my hair behind my ear. I was in bed, tucked in my bed sheets and snuggled between my pillows. I chuckled softly to myself about last night. It was a one time thing, I wasn't going to go running off with a douchebag again.

The rays of sunlight stung my tired eyes as the bled through the thin curtains. I groaned and stretched my back and arms, sighing at the relief it brought my muscles.

I got up and brushed my teeth. It turns out the ninja had brought my stuff back to the bounty last night. I pulled my hair into a messy ponytail before changing into baggy sweats and a f/c t-shirt.

I turned the knob to my bedroom door and headed out onto the deck.

The morning breeze chilled me, but it was nice to be cooled down, plus the sun was out and the contrast of cold and warm was wonderful.

I still remembered what happened last night. The wind reminded me of it. How I was flying high on Lloyd's dragon without a single care in the world.

But now my cares were back, and I cared so much about the fact that I must've seemed so, so....easy.

An easy lay, an easy get....

I didn't want to seem anything but cold and cruel to Lloyd. It was his fault that I was this way. He made a promise and he broke it.  He shattered a vow to a million pieces and didn't give a single damn -

A warm hand landed on my shoulder and I instantly tensed up.

"Morning," came the black ninja's voice.

His large thumb rubbed my tense bones soothingly. Cole glanced at me and smiled, dimples pressing into his tan cheeks. "Oh no," I grimaced, "you're a morning person."

"That I am." Cole said, looking back at the rising sun.

I rolled my eyes, but grinned anyways, because I didn't mind Cole.

I looked up at him. He towered over me, I was barely past his elbow. Was he 6'4" or 6'6"?

I narrowed my brows. "So, can you better explain to me why I'm staying here again?"

"Third time you've asked." Cole snorted out.

"Well I wasn't listening." I retorted.

Cole sighed. "You're here because of Chen. That guy who ordered more than a few assassins to murder your family, and he might just be coming back for you the next few days."

"And how do you know this?"

"How can I trust you to know what I know?"

"How do I know that I can trust you at all? How can you know that I wanna know what you won't let me know? Why won't you let me -"

Cole slapped a thick hand over my mouth and shushed me. "I get where you're going with this. You can shut up now."

"So can I know or not?" I said, prying his hand off of my face.

He sighed. "Ask Wu."

"Ew, no."

"Just ask him if you're so desperate." Cole groaned and walked away from me, tired of my antics. The deck creaked under his heavy feet.

I shook my head, rubbing my fingers over the goosebumps on my arms.

"Good morning," I looked behind my shoulder at -