Chapter Nine

State of Grace - Taylor Swift

Hi, I'm not dead😁

My cheeks dusted over with a light pink as Lloyd slid off of his dragon, the mystical creature vanishing to green dust as he jogged his was to the kitchen. I turned back towards to the fridge and subtly closed it, barely breathing as Lloyd brushed past me.

My heart pounded in my chest, beating at a pace that was getting faster as my stomach flipped and tripped over its nerves. I slowly exhaled as I sat down on one of the benches on the side of the Bounty Deck.

I slumped into the seat, staring at the cold food in my hands. I shook my head. Why did I even feel like eating when I wasn't even hungry? I was going to get fat.

The bowl was cold in my hands, as I inspected the fancy swirls and designs painted on the delicate glass. I was really just trying to get my mind off of Lloyd. Everywhere I looked, I seemed to see his smile everywhere. His sweet dimples. His green eyes, and how they always lit up when he grinned, lighting up the starry or sunny sky even more.

I let the bowl drop back down into my lap, wandering back into the kitchen and swiftly placing back on the shelf. Looking through my peripheral vision, I spotted Lloyd. He was sitting at the table, chopsticks in one and the other curled into a loose fist as he laughed at one of Kai's jokes.

He looked towards Jay. "Really?" He stated, leaning closer to his friend.

Jay pushed his hair away from his face. "No joke, dude!"

I pretended to be doing something at the counter as the Ninja continued to talk intently.

"-and I was like, that's a fucking hickey!" Jay exclaimed.

"Fuck!" I yelled out, drawing attention to myself.

The room went silent as all the heads turned towards me. My e/c eyes grew wide and I bit my lip as everyone blinked at me. "I-I mean...I, uh...I just..." I blushed furiously, my face, cheeks and ears turning bright red.

Lloyd's eyes met mine, and I could tell he was thinking about last night, too. It was all I had been thinking about, and the thought wasn't going to leave my mind anytime soon.

I quietly left the mess on the floor, leaving the room and trying my best to be invisible.

As I exited the kitchen I heard a chair push out with a loud squeak. The cool breeze hit my bare neck.

I touched a hand to my lips, brushing my fingertips against the soft and tender skin. Where Lloyd kissed me...where I wish he would never stop kissing me...

I mean, come on! It's only, what, the ninth chapter into my story and we've already made out! Everything is happening too quickly...I can't handle things this quickly.

I cringed as a hand grabbed my forearm, wincing as the fingers dug into my fresh, cut skin. "Y/n," Lloyd's voice rang in my ears, like a lullaby I could never get of my head.

I looked back at the ninja. "What's wrong?" I asked, pressing my lips into a hopefully not obvious fake smile.

"I was just about to ask the same thing. You're really edgy. Is there...something you wanted to take about?"

Fuck this guy! Seriously!?

I shook my head, my cheeks getting sore from the wide smile plastered on my face. "Nope." I said, popping the 'p'.

"You...sure?"

Bro, if you wanna talk about last night, just fucking bring it up!

"I'm sure." I replied, trying to tug my arm away from his grasp. I gasped as a stinging pain shot through my arm. Lloyd pulled his hand away.

"Are you okay? Did I hurt you?" Lloyd exclaimed, lifting my arm to inspect it.

I violently pulled my arm away. "No. I'm fine." I twisted my body away from him and wandered back into my room just as the cuts started the bleed.

<><><>

It had been an hour, I hadn't eaten anything, but I was too embarrassed and ashamed to see anybody. I should confront Lloyd about this, should tell him that should we ever make out again, I'mma whoop his ass just because I'm angry.

My stomach grumbled with a hunger that had lasted far too long. I needed to eat something, but I just couldn't bring myself to do shit. I shook my head, looking at the partially cloudy sky. The sun was peaking through the clouds, rays of light bleeding through the thick sheet of grey.

I sighed as a knock sounded at my door. I rolled my eyes. "Come in."

The doorknob twisted, and Nya entered. "Hey," she said, pushing a strand of short black hair behind her ear.

"Hey," I replied, looking down at my shoes.

"The boys are out on a mission. Just you and me."

I nodded. I genuinely liked Nya. She was cool, and everything I ever wanted to be. Confident, sweet, pretty, kind, smart. I envied so much from her, it seemed like she had everything, and I was glad to be her friend.

Nya looked at the bags under my eyes. "You wanna eat? I'm a bit hungry myself."

"Eh, why not." I said, sliding off of my bed.

We wandered into the kitchen. "So," I began, "explain to me why Wu is still keeping me here if he hasn't actually done anything with me."

Nya shrugged, taking out a cutting board, a knife and some fruit. "I don't know. Sometimes, I guess he just likes people to get to know him and the Ninja, so when you do actually start training or what not, then you don't feel so uncomfortable."

I nodded. "Sounds reasonable." I looked back at Nya's sweet face. "Do the others know about...uh..."

"I bet they do. They tell each other everything, and when I say everything, I mean absolutely everything. They told each other about the times they lost their virginity. I had to sit there and listen to how bad Jay was."

"How would they know Jay was bad?" I snorted.

"Oh, he was quite elaborate." Nya joked.

I laughed along. Nya continued to slice the fruits, the only sound cutting through the silence.

"You know," Nya started, "you should talk to Lloyd about last night and your little make out session."

I looked at her. "But...how? I mean, what am I supposed to do? Just walk up to him and -"

"Yes!" Nya exclaimed. "Build up the courage, I know you have it."

I rolled my eyes. "Fine. I'll talk to him...just...promise you'll help me out a bit?"

Nya nodded. "Only if you talk to him."

"Agreed."

《UNEDITED》

This was possibly the shittiest chapter I've ever written, so please forgive me😂 I'm so sorry I haven't updated in a while, but I promise there are more x readers and chapters coming. 😊