Chapter Twelve

Crazy - Shawn Mendes

"Hello?" The door creaked as I eased it open, seeing Lloyd splayed out on his bed. "Can I come in?"

Lloyd either didn't hear me, or he didn't care, so I just went in and sat in a chair across from his bed. I glanced around at the decorations hung around the walls. His room was rather...childish, but in a cute, typical teenage boy kind of way. I pursed my lips, pressing them into a thin line before I dared to meet Lloyd's gaze.

He wasn't staring at me. He was looking at the ceiling, as if there was something important there, as if we was getting lost in the stars. I sighed. "Lloyd?"

Lloyd looked at me, his green eyes flashing my way before he returned his gaze back to the ceiling.

I twisted my lips to one side, sighing and getting out of my seat, making my way towards the door before I heard Lloyd shift on the bed and sit up. "He's not here right now. You can stay if you want."

His words were slurred, tainted with a sadness I hated for him to know. I turned around. "He?" I asked, my hand on the doorknob.

Lloyd shook his head, groaning. "Please stay...," his voice eas hoarse, raspy as if he'd spent hours yelling at something. "Please don't leave me."

I closed the door and made my way to sit back down in the chair, but he snatched my hand and sat me down beside him. I looked at the blonde-haired boy. "What's the matter? Who is he?"

"The thing that wrecked the Bounty's deck. The thing that ruined everything...the thing inside of me."

"The...thing?"

"Demon," he corrected.

"There's a demon...i-inside of you?"

His breathing was ragged. He was shaking. I was so scared. Goosebumps ran along my arms, his words sendig shivers running up and down my spine.

Lloyd nodded. And nodded, amd didn't stop until I grabbed his hands away from his face as gently as I could. His hands were in fists. I bit my lip. "Lloyd? What do you mean he's gone?"

"He went to go somewhere, but he's not completely gone. Just somwhere inside of me...slowly eating away at me." Suddenly, the Green Ninja looked up at me with desperate eyes. "Kill me, please. Kill me. Now."

<><><>

His name was the first to go. He could only remember it for the brief moments that she said it.

...

It ate away at him. Every minute he spent fighting to stay in control was like spending a day running around the entire city.

It nibbled at him at first; just tiny, little nibbles that he barely noticed. But he felt it when he took a bigger bite, he felt it when he started disappearing and the thing began to take him over. Even when the demon's presence wasn't as prominent, he could still feel he was there, lurking in the darkest corners of his mind.

He could feel their names slipping out of his brain. Slowly, as if he was hanging on the edge of a cliff, his grip faltering, his hand sliding down a rope that grew weaker by the second.

"Kill you?"

He looked at the beautiful girl sitting in front of him, his eyes glossy, coated with tears and fear and pain.

She was shaking, fearful of him. He hated it. Hated himself for making her scared. Hated his life. "Kill me." He repeated, not even sure he was saying the words right.

It was coming back. This was the only time she could do it. "Lloyd," that name, "I don't know what you mean. Why would I ever kill you?"

Please. Please. Kill me, before I kill you...

<><><>

I looked at Lloyd. "Please. Why are you asking me to kill you?"

Lloyd turned up, his eyes like glass and his breathing ragged. "Please, Y/n, I'm -"

Tears welled up in my eyes. Tears of fear, tears of anger, tears of pain and everything in between. I raced out of that room as fast as I could, praying that Lloyd would go back to being himself. I hoped that he would, and soon. My h/c hair flew behind me in the wind as I ran back towards the deck where the rest of the team was. I sniffed, almost weeping at this point I was so frightened. 

Think. I urged myself to think. I couldn't remember what I was supposed to do in order to get the demon out of him. I don't even think I read about that part because the other beasts were so intriguing. But right now, I had to think. I had to use my brain and I had to save Lloyd. With or without someone's help. 

When I arrived on the deck, everything went silent and everybody looked at me, confused. "What's up with you?" Jay asked, looking at my tear-stained red face. 

I couldn't hide it from them anymore. With a reassuring nod from Nya, we went ahead and told them everything as the sun began to set into a fateful night. 

UNEDITED

Why hello there, my wonderful peoples.  I am alive, and I am trying my best to update. This was written on my computer and it took hours to write it 'cause of the virus. If you don't know why I have been inactive for the past few forevers then you can check out my message board and then there is my wonderful reason. Byeeee now buddies.