Chapter Nineteen

Souvenir - Avril Lavigne 

I am considering doing an author q and a b/c feedback is always good but I also just feel like making friends. Why not XD. You can comment your questions if you want credit for the question or smth or just dm me if you want it to be anonymous. Just note that I will not answer your question in the comment section, I will be answering it once the question build up. The answers will be a part of a chapter. I am going to answer all of the questions except if it is a sensitive topic. 

My chest ached. The only thing that had made me happy in the last two years was right in front of me, his fingers intertwined with mine, and now he could be swept up and away from my arms in a split second. I felt as if he was already slipping away from me.

"Y/n?"

Lloyd's voice cracked when he said my name. I looked up at him, biting my lip. "Yeah?" I responded, sadness drenching my voice like rain filling your boots and wetting your socks.

"Nothing has happened between us since we broke up. I haven't even had contact with her for the past six months."

I looked at Lloyd through my mask. "It's not that I trust you...I just-"

"You have every right to feel the need not to trust me right now. You deserve to think that. I just-I swear that nothing is happening. Nothing has happened and nothing I going to happen. That's a promise." Lloyd smiled and spun me around his finger.

I sighed as he pulled me closer to him. I glanced at Laura, who had stormed off some time ago. She seemed to have this glare that wouldn't leave her face. Ever. Boy, was she going to get wrinkles soon.

Lloyd slid his arm around my waist and touched our foreheads together. I couldn't help but grin as he pecked my lips softly. This was perfect. No one had treated me as good as he ever had. His touch was gentle and it felt like I was walking on clouds. I was in heaven.

I smiled and thought back to what my sister would say if she were still here:

"What movie are you in?"

I laughed as we danced away to the music, our fears gone. It was just us and the music. Just us. always going to be just us.

<><><>

The sun was shining in through the open curtains of my bedroom. I squinted, blocking the light off of my face with my forearms. I groaned. last night was pretty great. We had danced for a few more hours with a few more interruptions from Laura, then I'm guessing I fell asleep pretty soon. Lloyd must've taken me to his room.

I looked down to the floor at the bundle of green and black blankets and the head full of blonde hair. Lloyd had slept on the floor for me. From what I could see, Lloyd was sleeping on one brown blanket and the other two blankets were there to keep him warm. That is really fucking precious.

I swept my legs over the side of the bed and realized I was wearing an oversized grey shirt that advertised the famous comic series Starfarer. I laughed quietly to myself. He was so adorable. So childish yet so mature at the same time.

I looked at Lloyd again before touching his shoulder and leaning down to kiss his cheek. "Good morning-!"

Lloyd's eyes flashed open and he released a roar of laughter and pulled me into his chest, stealing a long kiss from my lips. My eyes were wide with surprised, but soon I laughed too and kissed him back, rubbing my thumbs along his cheeks. His hand ran up my back and into my hair, deepening the kiss.

He laughed as we pulled away. Smiling, I stared into his vibrant green eyes, hoping I would find my future somewhere in there I lay on his chest, listening to his steady heartbeat synchronize with mine.

We just stayed there in silence. I loved it; it was everything it had ever wanted. Someone who thought I was important and someone I thought was important. I lay on his chest, falling in love in the arms of someone I had hated only what felt like a few moments ago. He was everything and I hoped I was his everything, too.

I wanted to stay by his side forever. Nothing could ever be that bad because I had someone who made all the bad things go away.

I guess this was when I started to realize that it was him. It was really, really him-

"Lloyd! Lloyd-uh...s-sorry, I mean. D-dude...,"

Kai's voice came into the room. As soon as we heard it, Lloyd and I jumped up from where we had been lying and looked at the doorway. Kai had his hand slapped over his eyes.

"Sorry dude," He managed to say, "but um...There's-I mean...Laura is here."

"Tell her to fuck off," Lloyd snapped.

"We told her that. Five times. She slapped Jay and now she demands to see you. She's been here for an hour."

Lloyd sighed, muttering annoyed curses under his breath as he got up and stumbled out the door, not looking back to see me. I bit my lip, worried. I was only worried because I felt that Laura might try something, and if she does then that means everyone will be in deep shit.

My shoulders drooped as Kai glanced down at me and mouthed an everything will be fine.

I sighed. I know I should probably think that everything is okay. That everything was going to be alright. That's the thing. I didn't feel like everything was going to be okay.

Something in my gut told me I should be out there right not, supporting Lloyd and trying to help him fix things with Laura. But I didn't. I didn't go. I knew I would regret it later on, but Lloyd can handle a simple ex, right? Yes, he can. He's the Green Ninja. He can do anything.

I rolled over, stuffing my face into a pillow. No matter how hard I tried, It was impossible. I wanted to trust Lloyd, I really did. So I don't know why I can't.