Chapter Twenty

Like a fool - Keira Knightly

Expectations - Lauren Jauregui

Trigger warning! I love you all so so much and please remember that this is just a story and you have no need to actually feel the way your character in the story is feeling. You are beautiful and you are loved. 💓💓💓

I waited for fifteen minutes. Another fifteen. Ten more. Twenty more. Thirty more, forty. An hour. An hour and a half. It was probably a long conversation they were having. Well, I mean, no duh.

I decided to go out and check on Lloyd to see if everything was okay. I wish I hadn't. I regret doing this so much now.

I headed out of the room and started on my way to the deck. Nobody was there. I tapped my foot and bit my lip for a while in confusion. Placing my hands on my hips, I looked around. There was no one I could hear or see. My stomach twisted. Was anyone here at all?

I looked around a few more times, the creaking wooden planks the only sound. Finally, I saw Wu meditating in a room that was pretty much closed off except for the tiny window I was looking through on the door.

I quietly paced to the door and knocked on it gently with my knuckle. "Um, excuse me? Wu?"

We opened one eye and closed it again before cracking his neck and standing up, greeting me with a warm smile. "What is it, Y/n?"

I began to fidget with my fingers. "Um, by any chance do you know where the rest of the ninja went? Lloyd, especially?"

Wu shot me a look. "I thought we'd share the news with you!"

"News? What news?" I asked, confused.

"He and Laura are back together. I would have assumed he would have told you, given how close you two have become."

I let a small gasp of horror escape my mouth. "Wh-what?"

"What do you mean, 'what'?"

"He...Lloyd would never!"

"Lloyd had just taken off with her a few moments ago on his dragon. I am not quite sure where they went. Now, if you excuse me, I have some meditating to get back to." We smiled and sat back down.

"Right...sorry..., " I said, my heart shattering as I left the room, shutting the door quietly.

I covered my mouth with my hands, muffling my weeps. I sank down to the floor, praying this was all dream; hoping that something was going to turn back time so that I had just come with him. I knew I shouldn't have trusted him.

I was so stupid. I was so, so insecure and immature and...I didn't know what to do. I felt like such a loser. I hadn't felt this bad in a while, and it felt nice to feel good for once. But it's all going away now. Lloyd was a drug and now I'm broken without him.

I had become addicted to him, to his kisses and hugs and selfless acts. But I can't feel that way, anymore.

I clenched my fists together, green balls of energy forming in the centre of my palm. I was right. You can't trust a ninja. He left my family to die. I watched it happen. He deserves to pay.

Tears welled up in my eyes and I let a few fall. I wasn't sad anymore. I was angry. Angry at Lloyd, angry at the world, but most of all, angry at myself for trusting him and letting someone like that into my life. I can't even tell myself how much I hate him.

Maybe I'd take all of this back in the future, but the as of the moment, I think I have every right and reason to hate who I do.

I looked down at my hands again. I must've absorbed these powers from Lloyd a while back. I'm not sure, but I felt good using them. Lloyd was gonna pay. Real bad. For my family, for me, and for all those people he let down. I don't care anymore. I never should have.

<><><>

The roar of Lloyd's dragon came at eleven o'clock that night. I had stayed in Lloyd's room for the entire day, staring down at my hands. I was powerful. If I used this power, I can do anything. My chest began to ache with a pain I hadn't known in what seemed like forever.

A few tears slipped out before a waterfall of emotions began to spill out of me. I cried out, bringing my knees to my chest and crying harder.

There was a soft knock on the door. I pulled my face away from my knees And looked up. Lloyd entered the room, a sympathetic look drawn all over his face.

I was a mess.  Hair, my face. Hell, I was still in Lloyd's oversized shirt! I sniffled, and Lloyd came to me, his arms about to wrap me up. As much as I wanted him to just hold me, I pushed him away.

"Y/n? Are you okay?" He asked, his lips parting.

I jumped off the bed and looked him in the eyes, getting as close as I dared, not caring he was more than an entire head taller than me. "Am I OKAY? Is that all you have to say?" As much as it pained me to do this, I slapped him.

"Ow! Y/n, what the hell?"

"Don't you 'what the hell' me! You are such a cheater!"

"Cheater?" Lloyd said, raising his voice.

"That's right! The old man told me everything! You went somewhere with Laura! You just...vanished! What did you expect me to do, not notice?!"

"What? Y/n, I would never-"

"You would never what? Cheat? Go somewhere with that filthy bitch? You are such a liar! And a terrible one, too."

Lloyd raised his eyebrows. "Where is all of this coming from?"

"From the time you ran off with Laura on Puff the Magic Dragon and cheated on the girl you had called your girlfriend twenty-four hours ago!"

Lloyd glared at me, heaving with anger. "Fine. You wanna think I cheated? You really do?"

"I don't think you cheated, I know you did." I snapped.

"Think whatever you like, " Lloyd sighed and sat down, running a hand through his messy blonde hair.

Anger boiled inside of me. "Whatever." I clenched my teeth together. "It's fine. It'd never work out, anyway." I stormed out of his room, heading to mine, snatching up my things and stuffing it into a backpack I had brought with me.

"What would work out?" Lloyd said, looking up, his tone softer, but not by much.

"You and I. Fate hates us, right?"

"Wait. What are you saying?

"You mean what am I doing. Well, Green Ninja, I'm packing up."

"For what?"

"Nothing special. I mean, more than a week has passed and nothing has changed about me and my uncontrollable powers." I threw my hands up in the air to emphasize powers.

"So you're...leaving?"

"No, I'm not."

He paused.

"Of course I'm leaving, dimwit. Didn't you hear me? I thought I had said fate hates us."

"What, exactly, is that supposed to mean?" Lloyd said, the anger draining from his voice completely.

I grabbed my backpack and slung it over my shoulder, looking him in the eye. I was sad. Almost as sad as when I watched Mom and Dad die. But I can't let that show. Especially not now. So I said what I had practiced saying all day to myself. "It means you don't have a girlfriend anymore. See you around."

Then I left, leaving the door swinging open behind me, secretly praying that Lloyd would come chasing after me, no matter how much I shouldn't have wanted it.

A/n: hello there! I feel like this update came quickly. Anyway, I feel like this chapter was kind of crappy and rushed, so if you found any mistakes, please tell me so I can fix it! I love you all, and please tell me which X Reader to update next because I don't have a schedule! Everything kind of falls into place randomly each time, so, please tell me which one you're wanting to be updated the most! Ilyy!