Chapter Eighteen

Dance With Me Tonight - Olly Murs

I laughed as Lloyd dipped his dragon down towards the city, soaring below the clouds we were once above. I giggled, wrapping my arms around his waist and smiling into the back of his shirt. Was it a creepy thing that I thought he smelled good? Or did I already say that was creepy but I thought he smelled good anyways?

I rolled my eyes at my own cheekiness. The sun was out and warmed my back, making my hair glow underneath it's light.

Lloyd said something, probably screaming it through the wind, but I didn't hear it.

"What?!" I yelled. I expected us to be able to hear each other or something like that like in the movies, but it was impossible to hear pretty much everything over the roaring wind.

He pulled the reigns on his dragon and paused, stopping to let me hear him. "There's a gala tonight. We're not on the guest list, but as the Green Ninja, I'm welcome anywhere. Anyways, it's a masquerade, too. So no one will suspect anything. You wanna go with me?"

His genuine nonchalant attitude startled me, but it didn't really shock me, I guess. He was the Green Ninja, after all. He didn't really have to be nervous about asking a girl out or anything. I mean, he was...well I said it already. I was glad he hadn't stuttered while asking. It would have made things awkward. I envied the fact that things just came to him so easily and he wasn't afraid to do anything. I loved how he was always so brave and went into battles, willing to do whatever it took to save innocent people.

"So?"

I snapped out of my daze. "Hm? Oh, yes! Of course!" I laughed, embarrassed that I was just...staring at him for, I don't know, like five minutes.

"You sure? I mean, if it's too soon, then I'll wait. It's okay, like I said, I'm not even on the guest list. I'm no one important, I'm just the Green Ninja." He smiled nervously. "I don't want to pressure you into something that you don't want to do. I won't be offended-"

"Shut up," I pressed my lips to his, moving them softly against his. "I want to go."

His cheeks flushed a bright pink. "Okay," He said, trying to maintain his cocky attitude. I know I made him flustered, and I couldn't help but chuckle softly to myself as we started down towards the city again.

We zipped down and around. I reminded me of Aladdin and Jasmine on their magic carpet ride scene. I filled me with butterflies and I held him closer to me, snuggling my face into the soft space between his shoulder and his neck. He seemed to cuddle me back because he leaned his body closer towards mine, keeping my face where it was. I hope I gave him a sense to safety, too. I hope that I made him feel the way I do about him.