Chapter Ten

bury a friend - Billie Eilish

Now wasn't a good time to talk to any of the boys. They returned beaten and bruised. Lloyd worst of all... His eye was bruised black and blue with blood dribbling from underneath it. His look tired and worn, his Ninja Gi torn and ripped.

I gasped when they arrived back. "What the hell happened?" I asked, talking to no one in particular. Lloyd stumbled forwards, groaning and mumbling under his breath. He was in pain...well no duh! Why wouldn't he be? 

The others were in pretty much the same condition, beat up, bruised. They all struggled to sit down and relax. "What happened?" Wu said, emerging from a room.

I was wondering when that old man was about to show up. He glanced at everyone, his eyes darting from one wounded ninja to the next.

"We...," Kai groaned in pain, "we tried tuh-" he moaned and slumped down in his seat.

Jay leaned upwards, getting comfortable as Nya rushed to him with an ice pack. "The Serpentine are back..."

"Those snakes? I thought you beat them!" Nya squealed.

"Jay's just being an ass." Cole whimpered. "We have no idea what the hell hapened, all we know is that we were ambushed by figures in all black. From head to toe."

"What?" I asked, my eyebrows arching upwards. Black figures? I remember seeing pure black figures on the day my parents died. "Did you see their faces?" I asked, adrenaline now pulsing through my veins.

"We didn't see shit, I told you, they were pure black." Cole snapped.

"Well, they must've had a mask...or-or something!" This was my chance to get to Chen. This was it. This was it.

I looked over at Lloyd. "Did you see anything?"

"Yeah," he groaned, "pure black."

"Seriously guys!" I yelled.

Nya looked over at me, her water blue eyea filled with concern amd annoyance. "Y/n, chill out. They've had it kinda rough lately, if you couldn't fucking tell."

I rolled my eyes. I was desperate! This was my one chance and I didn't want it to just waste away like all my other chances. It was either now, or never.

That's when I saw something flicker in Lloyd's green eyes, like a tiny cloud of black swirling around. I glanced at Kai's, then Cole's, Jay's, and then Zane's. They didn't have any weird things going on with their eyes. It was just Lloyd's eyes.

Lloyd twitched for a moment. "What happened to Lloyd?" I asked, staring at him intently.

"He was stung by one of those black figures." Kai breathed out.

"Where's the wound?" I pressed.

"Closed up before we could do anything about it."

"It closed?!"

"Yes! Now can you please be quiet!" Kai snapped, lunging up from his seat.

I flinched, almost jumping back. "I just...I wanted to..make sure he was...okay."

"Of course! Because he's the only one that matters out of all of us! 'Cause he's the Green Ninja! The Golden Master! The one person who is actually important, right?"

My lips parted as tears welled up in my eyes. I know this was a petty thing to be upset over...

You're fine...

It was hard to breathe.

You're making a big deal out of this...

I can't see...

He only snapped at you, it's fine...

It's okay...you're okay, you're not crying
YOU'RE FINE
YOU'RE FINE
YOU'RE FINE
YOU'RE -
"Are you crying?" Kai scoffed.

I looked over at Kai, his figure a cloudy blur through all of my tears. I hated this. The tiniest things made me break down, and I didn't know why. I know I'm depressed, but how jard is it to hold it in?

I sniffed. Kai rolled his amber eyes. "Of course. Fine! Take her side! She's hurt, she's crying! She needs all the attention in the entire world!"

Nya stopped tending to Jay. "Kai! Seriously? Apologize!"

I swallowed. "N-no...it's fine... It was my fault anyways..." the hell it was! It was a habit for me to take the blame for everything, and I hated it.

I looked at Lloyd. He was twitching...even worse. His fingertips tapped the arm of the chair he was sitting on. Honestly, he was beginning to creep me out. It was like he was...possessed. That's when his eyes met mine, and everything went to shit.

《UNEDITED》

Heyyyy, guess what? I'M STILL HERE. AND I WILL TRY TO UPDATE, THIS CHAPTER WAS A HELLA SHORT AND REALLY REALLY SHITTY. THANKS FOR READING👍👍