Chapter Thirteen

I Did Something Bad - Taylor Swift

I went to visit Lloyd again after everyone else went to bed (a terrible idea, really). I entered his room after a few minutes of softly knocking on his door. Lloyd was curled up on his bed, shivering, his lips a cool purple color. His skin had gone from fair to pale, as if he'd been vomiting for the past day or so. And maybe he had been.

From what I could see, I thought Lloyd was asleep. I was about to leave until I stared down at my own hands. Wu had said something about having the power of...absorption? I glanced down at Lloyd. I was half way out the door, I could leave before anything happened. But I decided not to. Like the idiot I am I sat down on the side of his bed.

"Lloyd?" I whispered quietly. I rested my hand on his shoulder, shaking him a bit.

He groaned, and I could tell he wanted to wake up, but he couldn't.  "Lloyd, it's just me, Y/n." He groaned again in response. Maybe this wasn't such a good idea...

Or maybe it was. Maybe I could help him a little. Wu had started training with me yesterday, and as much as I hated the long hours of sitting there trying to learn how to master my powers, I was thankful for it because it had taught me how to properly absorb the energy from people. I could only do little bits at a time, though.

I squeezed his shoulder a little tighter, willing my power to drain a bit of his. I felt a rush run through my arm. It felt weird, though. Not like the kind of power I would usually drain. This...the power was...dark. I hated the feeling of it, and I would've screamed and jumped and ran away or something, but I just stayed where I was, letting my power absorb his.

Then it occurred to me that I wasn't draining Lloyd's power.

"Shit," I gasped out. I was draining the demons power.

I couldn't pull my hand away. My hand had gone numb, then my entire left arm went numb. I couldn't move. Black swirls emerged from where I had my hand placed and swiftly swished around my arm.

"No, no, no...," Tears welled up in my eyes. "Please no." This was my fault. Now I would have a part of the demon in me. I was just going to drain enough of Lloyd's energy so he could rest peacefully.

My lips quivered. Then I realized that I was beginning to feel weak. The demon inside of him...was that draining my power?

"No! Lloyd! LLOYD!"

Lloyd jolted awake and saw what was happening. He tugged my arm away. I didn't know if I felt stronger or weaker, but something was inside of me and I wanted it out. It was taking me over.

Was it? Or was I just going insane? My head ached and ached and then-

<><><>

I was in my room. I was sweating and it was all dark and o was so scared. I saw three or five figures lingering around the edge of my bed, they were completely black and I knew hey weren't human.

Vanishers...

I sat up, scared to death. I was in Lloyd's room a second ago..and now I'm in my room. The rays of light were bleeding through the curtains.

Checking on Lloyd was my first thought. Sometimes must've happened and I must have been knocked out...again.

I threw the sheets off, the shadows from the corner of my room who have now seemingly have vanished because of the light. I rushed over to his room, but as soon as I was on the deck the light stung my eyes. There was nobody out there.

I raced over to Lloyd's room. He wasn't there, but Wu was. He was sitting on his bed, smiling to himself at a picture of him and Lloyd.

My heart stopped racing for a moment and it was just Wu in a room until he beckoned for me to come inside. I obeyed and sat beside him, the blanket soft underneath me.

"Is...is Lloyd okay?" I asked, hating the fact that my voice started to quake when I said his name.

Wu looked at me. "What do you mean?" His voice was calm and wise. A voice I needed to hear right now.

"Well, the thing that happened last night." I replied, sure of my answer.

"The ninja are on a mission. You've been unconscious for the last three days, Y/n, I'm afraid whatever you are talking about was a dream." 

My mouth dropped open, surprise welling inside of me. A...dream?  There was no way that everything I'd just experienced was all a dream. Could it have been? I didn't understand...There was no way that it was true, old people can be delusional, so therefore I didn't have to believe it, but at the same time, I knew I should. Was it because I didn't want to believe it, or that I was scared nobody else knew what happened and that I was alone in this with a demon inside of me?

"When did I go unconscious?" I asked, my bottom lip trembling. 

"You've been unconscious since the day the ninja arrived from their last mission," Wu stated blandly, his eyes drifting to the picture of him and Lloyd. 

"How long ago was that?" 

"Long enough for the Ninja to heal." 

"But it couldn't have been a dream because everything seemed so real...almost too real, Wu. Please, I don't know what's going on...If you could just tell me that this isn't a dream, if you could tell me that I'm not alone in whatever I was experiencing-"

"Whatever you were experiencing was a lucid dream. Now I suggest you eat and then get more rest, and although you may think you don't need anymore, you do. Just don't fall asleep for a week again." 

Wu lifted himself up off the bed with the support of his staff and walked out of the room, leaving me and my thoughts alone.