Prologue

What is the definition of life? What is living?

Is it when you have a normal heartbeat for your body to function? When you're breathing properly? Is it when your necessities to live are being met?

If it is, then why do some people wish for their heartbeat to stop? Why would some hold their breath, put a rope on their neck, drown themselves, or drink toxic substances and choose death? Even if they have enough food to survive, water to drink, clothes to wear, and a house to shield them from the sun and storm.

Why do some choose to take their own lives?

What is the definition of having a life and living that life?

I know the answer to why... I know it so well...

At a young age, life gave me challenges my heart could not endure. I lost my innocence and will to live. My life was filled with darkness and it swallowed me until living was just a task for me to do.

Until living is not living for me anymore... until life turns into a plain and meaningless word.

When you lose the will to live, nothing can stop you from taking your own life anymore. Not even your loved ones.

That's what I felt. Napagod akong umasa. Nawalan ako ng gana mabuhay. So I thought of just taking my own life since it looked easier than dealing with this messed up life I have.

There was no hope. So when he saved me from falling, I thought he was the cruelest person in the world for telling me to endure the pain and continue living.

Living in this life is so dark and cruel. Like breathing fire and suffocating from toxic air. So why would I continue to breathe?

But then he walks into my life like a bright star illuminating the dark sky. He gave me hope, happiness, and other emotions I hadn't experienced for years.

Finally, I feel alive again because of him.

But then sometimes, even the brightest star could be overpowered by the dark clouds...

𝕃𝕌ℕ𝔸
𝕏𝕆𝕏𝕆