Chapter Thirteen: Unexpected Jealously

“Gerard what the hell?” Hailey cried out as her boyfriend punched the estate agent, she felt Cesc pull her back as she wondered what was going on; she had thought that Gerard would have been at training.

Hailey looked at Lionel and Cesc, who looked far from happy with her and she couldn’t understand what was going on; it wasn’t like she had been cheating or anything.

“Stay the hell away from her,” Gerard spat as he glared at the man before him, he could feel the anger that pulsed through his body and he didn’t care that people were now staring at him; he wanted to show that Hailey was his.

The footballer clenched his fist, he would be having a talk with his girlfriend when they got home; he didn’t want to believe the horrible thoughts in his head and what they were telling him.

Hailey pulled away from Cesc and hurried over to help the estate agent before Gerard did anything more drastic, she glared at her boyfriend wondering what had gotten into him.

“Lo siento,” Hailey said as she helped the estate agent to his feet as she glared at her boyfriend wondering what had gotten into him; it wasn’t as if she had been all over the estate agent, she had been walking down the street talking business with him.

Gerard glared right back at Hailey, he couldn’t believe that she was helping this man right before him; even Cesc and Lionel didn’t even look pleased about what she was doing.

“This is Simon… he’s an estate agent helping me with a project,” Hailey snapped wondering what on earth was going on, she couldn’t believe that her boyfriend had lashed out like that.

Gerard blinked taken back, he looked at the man who was wearing a suit and wondered what project that his girlfriend was talking about; he opened his mouth to say something before Hailey shook her head.

“I will speak to you when I get home,” Hailey said as she walked away with the estate agent, she didn’t want to speak with him right now.

***

Hailey smiled as she stepped into the house, the twins rushing to greet their mother as she set down her black satchel bag with Aztec weave panel and hugged them; her blue eyes lifting to look at Gerard as he stepped out of the lounge.

The couple shared a look for a moment before Hailey turned her attention back to the twins, she took a deep breath knowing they were going to have a long chat about what had happened that afternoon.

“How was your day?” Hailey asked as she got back to her feet, she ignored Gerard knowing the twins didn’t need to see them fighting; Hailey was determined to keep the peace until they really needed to talk.

Gerard watched his girlfriend as she talked with the twins as they excitedly told her about their day, he smiled softly he was lucky to have her; he still didn’t understand what she had been doing with an estate agent.

“How about we bake some fairy cakes?” Hailey said as she looked at the twins, who excitedly clapped their hands at their mother’s suggestion; they jumped up and down making Hailey smile before she ushered them into the kitchen so that they could get started.

Gerard knew what she was doing and she was right, it wouldn’t be fair for them to argue in front of the twins; he took a deep breath before he followed his girlfriend into the kitchen.

Gerard nibbled on his lip as he headed towards the television that sat in the corner of the room; he wanted to be close in case the twins grew bored and he wanted to ensure Hailey knew that this was far from over.

The blonde watched her boyfriend knowing that this wasn’t going to be a pleasant conversation and she hoped that the twins didn’t sense the unease that sat between their mother and father.

***

Gerard crossed his arms as he carefully shut the master bedroom door, he had just said goodnight to the twins and this time would be the best to have the talk with Hailey about what had happened.

Hailey paused as she looked up at Gerard as she removed her shoes, she chewed on her lip wondering what either of them could say to start to explain what was going on.

“What were you doing with him?” the footballer asked as he leant back against the door, his blue eyes watching his girlfriend as she sighed and pulled her top over her head as she continued to prepare for bed.

Gerard felt his breathing hitch at the sight of his girlfriend’s white boudoir applique lace overlay soft triangle mesh bra; he waited for her to answer as she looked at him.

“I was having him show me around some places,” Hailey replied as she put her top for the wash, she took a deep breath he didn’t know about what she had planned to do; she moved to sit on the bed glad that they had waited to have this talk.

Gerard frowned at his words, he didn’t like what she was implying; he wasn’t going to allow her to leave not when he had just gotten her back.

“I’m opening my own bakery,” Hailey explained knowing he wouldn’t understand what she meant, she wasn’t just going to sit around; she loved cooking and she wasn’t going to ignore her dreams any longer.

Gerard moved forward as he ran a hand through his hair, he hadn’t expected her to do something like this especially not without telling him first.

Hailey took a deep breath as she watched him, she didn’t know what he would think about her plans; they had not long decided to try for a baby.

“You should have told me Hails,” Gerard said hurt that she felt the need to shut him out of her plans, he would have supported her in whatever she wanted to do; the blonde nodded her head, she was still waiting to hear from the estate agent about her offer.

The footballer carefully pulled his shirt over his head and tossed it to the floor, he licked his lips as he looked at his girlfriend as his hands moved to rest at the top of his jeans.

“I know… but I wanted to do something for myself for once, I would have told you when I had everything planned out,” Hailey said as she eyed her boyfriend curiously as he popped the buttons on his jeans; she didn’t know what had gotten into him but she was sure that it had something to do with seeing her with the estate agent.

Gerard kissed Hailey softly, he hated that she hadn’t come to him but he could understand and would still support her; he wasn’t going to allow anything to ruin this for them.

Hailey wrapped her arms around his neck as Gerard’s hands moved to help her out of her jeans leaving her in only her white overlay mesh thong.

The footballer was still very determined to have a baby with his girlfriend and he wasn’t going to change his mind about getting her pregnant.

Hailey gasped as Gerard wrapped her legs around his waist and lifted her up from the bed, she pulled her lips from his wondering what had brought this on.

“You are mine Hails,” Gerard said possessively knowing that no one would steal her away from him, he wouldn’t allow anyone to pull them apart again.

Hailey smiled, there was something about a jealous Gerard that was sort of attractive; she loved him more than anything and she just hoped that he wouldn’t allow his jealous issues to become a problem for them in the future.