Inkfall x Reader

OK! This song is called Bubbles so I figured it would be a good song to put here and the story in gender neutral because I can't remember what the request was. If I did get the request wrong, I'm sorry. Anyways, enjoy!

<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>

"You're WHAT!?"

You laughed a little at Inkfall's face while your feet were shuffling next to your bag containing your (W/N). You had just told him that you were going on a small trip to visit your grandmother. She was a very brave inkling. But you still wanted to make sure that she was going to be okay either way.

Inkfall though felt slightly betrayed that you were going on this trip. Though he still wanted to make sure that you were ok, he still was a little... unsure.

Rolling your eyes, you stood on your tippy toes and gave him a little peck on the lips, seeing the frown on his face. Inkfalls mouth went into a little smile as he hugged you and slightly deepened the kiss. His hands were in your (I/C) tentacles.

As the two of you pulled apart, Inkfalls face falls into yet ANOTHER frown. Giggling your answer in the sweetest tone you can acquire.

"I'll be back soon."

He rolled his eyes.

"I hope so"

<>~<>~<>~After you leave~<>~<>~<>

Inkfall was about to go to a match with his friends when he heard the T.V say something that caught his eye. Or ear in this case.

"In the last 24 hours, a devastating plane crash has caused dozens to die. The plane was headed towards Calamari County when the wing span had an (Enter scientific airplane like problem)"

Inkfall felt as if the world had somehow slowed down. Wasn't that your plane?...

Slowly, he could feel a small tear. His glass of tomato juice (IDK) fell on his shirt. Only this time, he didn't even try to reach for a napkin.

<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>

Squeaky-Squeak.

The sound of Inkfalls sponge across the bathtub in you and his shared apartment echoed throughout the house. He has spent the last 15 days cleaning every tiny source of dirt, grime, mysterious stains, and everything in between.

He groaned as he struggled to keep the sponge in his hand. He has hardly slept with all the nerves in his body and brain to stop him from sleeping. He just missed you that much. Who was going to tell him that he had a serious 'Everything must be perfect' attitude. Who was going to sit down and watch movies with him? And remind him to eat? And to always put the toilet seat-

"iNkFaLl gEt oVeR hErE!!!"

Inkfall made a very disturbing sound as he picked himself up. Walking over to the bathroom's door, he was met with a very angry Lyvader, Hat, and Arrow. All of his team members were sending him very angry frown with their arms crossed. Inkfall felt himself trying to slowly go inside the bathroom again. His face droopy.

"You have a lot to explain Inkfall"

Hat's voice was rough as she squinted her eyes. Trying to be intimidating, but we all know she is too cute to ever be intimidating.

"I-I was just cleaning the bathroom Hat-"

"You miss (Y/N) dont'cha?"

Inkfall just stood there as his arms dropped at his sides. He didn't even try to act tough. His voice came out raspy and tired.

"Maybe I do Arrow."

All of their glances seemed to soften as they looked at Inkfall's 'trying not to break down face'.

Their gazes dropped and hugged Inkfall. They all knew that Inkfall was little upset. But it wasn't his fault. He just really missed you. Especially when he was planning on giving you a promise ring. He just couldn't afford a real one yet. His team was all holding each other closely. Inkfall took a deep breath, and let his tears fall.

<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>

OK. OK. I decided to try some angst. I have never written it before, but like all my other one-shots, I chose the theme with a coin flip. What a reliable source Am I right? Anyways. The second Emperor x Reader should be out soon. Bai.

((((Also, the new super in Splatoon is the BEST. Hammer Time!))))