Mask x Fem!Hacker!Reader

I'm so tired but I'm gonna write this anyway!~ (Did I get the request right?)

<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>

The Ink-Games.

One of the most popular events in the Inkling and Octolings community is the Ink-Games. Contestants from all over the world come to this very spot in Inklopolis to compete with each other in video games. From Minecraft to Halo, they have it all.

The goal? Once you beat all other contestants you will be crowned the Gamer Queen or King. Including a very promising prize.

1,000,000 Cash.

This caught your attention as well. But who are you exactly?

You were (Y/N) (L/N). You were known for being undefeatable in almost every game of any genre. No one could beat you. The reason for that though was your skill in hacking. You knew almost everything on it. You had to cheat though. Your father had gotten unsurprisingly depressed over the loss of your beloved mother. A very pretty inkling indeed. He became a drunk that you couldn't even recognize as your father.

So you ran away. 

It took you some time to figure out how to exactly make money, but once you did, you could easily take on any opponent.

Since most inklings don't really have anything to do other than being in the lobby, grizzco, shopping, or eating, they seemed to find video games entertaining. 

Leading to betting. 

You would compete against any ignorant enough inkling who thought they could beat you in a simple round of Super Smash. But boy were they wrong.

Even though you did sometimes use hacking as a way to defeat opponents, you also could play without any use of it. Just in case your trusty code knowledge didn't work someday. 

It did also help in your favor that they often took you as a noob for being a girl.

Very satisfying to see their faces to be honest.

back to the main story though, you could use the boost of money they were offering though. The title could help the number of bets you got. Winning is money. And money means food. And food means happiness. That's how it works people.

Entering the small expo, you immediately noticed the line of registration, you grumbled as you made your way slowly towards the end of the line though, you bumped into a certain figure.

Who was it? Mask! The only way to keep the plot moving anyways.

You grumbled unmentionable words as you struggled to lift yourself up. The male inkling you bumped into though, gave you his hand as he lifted you onto your feet.

"Are..you...alright?..."

You raised an eyebrow. He seemed to be slightly sweaty as he put his arms back down to his sides. His eye was half closed behind his gas mask and he seemed to be a little uncomfortable under your gaze. Reminding you that you were still looking at him.

Blinking, you decided to answer before you did anything stupid.

"I am thank you...?"

"Call me...Mask..."

"Ok, Mask...my name is (Y/N)"

He nodded before awkwardly making is way up in line and you couldn't help but feel slightly interested in an inkling you met 2 minutes ago.

<>~<>~<>~Time Skip sponsored by Rider wearing a bikini top with a tutu~<>~<>~<>

After easily defeating a random inkling in 5 minutes, you realized that you had already gotten to the Finals. Huh. Convenient for the story. >=3

Sitting down on a very comfy leather couch, you waited, controller in hand, for the next octo or inkling to try to take the sweet, sweet victory from your hands. Looking up though, you couldn't help it to feel kind of bad as you saw Mask sit down across from you. 

Though you couldn't tell what he was feeling exactly. He did have a mask on after all.

Mask, however, was slightly grumpy. He had to wake up early so that he could make in on time. He didn't feel like doing much of anything right now. He only did this contest because he was bored. His teammates were all somewhere and he was too lazy to call them. Hence him being forced to wake up early.

And then making his way to the top of the charts. All while hating life. Relatable.

As he sat down across from you, he felt this unexplainable feeling. Suddenly feeling competitive, he selected a character and waiting for you to pick your own.

<>~<>~<>~<>

After a surprisingly long round, you were finally able to take your earnings and go home happily. Making your way outside though, you noticed Mask come up to you. He was slouched still and looked kind of sweaty again. Not that you were looking at him closely or anything. Baka.

"You cheated...didn't you?..."

You looked at him wearily. Looking around, you grabbed his wrist and dragged him over to a random ally. He followed you lazily. Looking around to make sure no one was around, gritting your teeth, you growled at him.

"Don't say it in public! And how did you know?!"

Mask only shrugged as he looked you in the eye. Still slouching, he answered slowly, as if you were a child.

"I...guessed to be...honest..you just...confirmed...my thoughts..."

A blush crept across your face as you refused to look him in the eye. He didn't seem to really care though. But he did think you were being really cute right now.

You sighed and started walking away from him.

"I need a soda."

He glanced at you. Turning around, you gestured him over. Following you in pursuit of a soda and maybe a sandwich, the both of you had to admit that it was a pretty good day for both of you. Mainly because of the first date of many others.

<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>~<>

I finished it! =D So proud of myself. Hoped you liked it! <3<3 Happy Thanksing+Black Friday!