Chapter 4

I clutched the strap of my shoulder bag tightly with one hand as I pulled my dress down a little with my other hand.

In front of me Jaebum, Jinyoung and Baekhyun watched with an amused expression and grins on their faces.

"Is it necessary for me to wear this?"

"You are going to a club Y/N, people don't go there in combat vests and boots. So I guess the answer is yes..", Baekhyun spoke.

"And what about this?", I raised my leg forward to show the pencil heels that I was wearing. "These will slow me down and plus they are not very comfortable"

"You have to look convincing Y/N, I am sorry", Jinyoung said as I looked at him with a pout.

"Do you have everything you need?", Jaebum cut in.

"Digital camera, Fake license, Pocket knife, University ID card and money. I have everything"

"Ear piece?"

"Is obviously inside my ear", I glared at him for asking such a stupid question.

"Okay then, you are ready. Take the car waiting outside, you will be driving there", Jinyoung said.

I nodded.

We all headed towards the door until Jaebum called for me. "Y/N, I need to talk to you"

I rolled my eyes and stopped as the other two went out. He walked upto me and grabbed my wrist, making me turn towards me.

"I know you aren't very fond of me..."

"Correction. I am not fond of you at all"

He sighed. "I get it, can I speak"

My silence gave him an answer and he spoke up again. "I know you don't like me but I want you to understand that what I am doing is for your benefit. Even though we don't get along, I cannot deny that you work under me so you are my responsibility and it is my duty to keep you safe. So please for once listen to me, understand I have more experience than you and do as I say"

I did not know what to say. His words seemed sincere and I almost wanted to believe him and give in - stop being a rebel.

"I will listen to you, but I have a deal"

"I am listening"

"Even If I fail today, you will not demote me to back office and make me file reports"

He chuckled. "I would never do that, I was just messing with you. You are way to skilled for me to waste your potential"

We stood there in silence. At least I was assured he wouldn't pull of something and make my career suffer again.

"I should go now, I have to be at the club"

I turned around to walk when he grabbed my wrist and pulled me again. I was shocked as my body hit his and my hands pressed on his chest for support.

I tried to step back but he put an arm on my back and pulled me in again.

"Jaebum.. what.. what are you doing?". I felt so conscious at this sudden proximity. His eyes lingered on my face a little before he leaned in towards my ears.

"Come back fast. I miss it when I have no one to fight with. Also, that dress looks sexy on you"

With that he let go of me and walked towards the door. I stood there and in the silent room, I swear I could hear my heart beat so fast. It wasn't beating because Jaebum pulled off a kdrama lead move but because I was so surprised at this sudden action - I almost had an adrenaline rush, the kind you have when you miss a step.