Chapter 43

Yoongi waited for Lily to get ready as he sat with the other boys in the living room. They had been invited to the senator's inauguration party. For a couple of years now they had been providing drugs to senator and his other politician friends which had also helped them strengthen their connections within the political world.

The sound of heels against the wooden floor was heard and all of them looked up to see Lily walk downstairs with Hyuna, her flowy gown contrasting the pale brown of the floor.

The boys looked on a shock and Yoongi couldn't believe his eyes as he looked at his girlfriend. A smile formed on his face as he saw the girl stand before him.

I fidgeted with the edge of the dress as I waited for Yoongi to say something

I fidgeted with the edge of the dress as I waited for Yoongi to say something. All he did was keep looking.

"Are you going to say something or not? If it is not appropriate than I will just change into that white dress.."

I turned to leave but he caught me and pulled me towards himself.

"Yoongi...", I slapped his chest. "Everyone is watching.."

"I don't care", he said. "You look so beautiful I cannot help myself but I am scared. If I take you along, everyone will have their eyes on you."

My lips curved into a smile and he pecked my forehead. "I have something for you, turn around"

"Me?", I asked surprised. I felt his fingers touch my neck and I looked down to see him slip on a silver necklace around.

"Yoongi this...", I said picking the familiar pendant with my fingers.

"Is the same one we saw today at the store. It's actually a lily", he said shyly.

"Why would you?", I asked with a sigh.

"Because I saw you looking at it and I know you liked it. Now I don't want you to lecture me on how expensive it was and I shouldn't have bought it. You are my girlfriend and if I want to get you things, I will. No one, not even you can stop me"

I chuckled. "Okay lil meow meow, whatever that sails your boat."

"Guys now please look here". I looked back to ser Jungkook standing there with a huge ass camera. Yoongi slid his hand on my waist and pulled me beside him.

"Yoongi, what's really odd?"

"What?"

"Numbers not divisible by 2"

Yoongi stared at me for a straight second before I burst into a laughter. The shutter clicked and Jungkook looked at the camera to check the picture. A smile formed on his face as he saw the picture.

"Show", I said tugging on his arm and he hid his camera protectively. "I will send it to you once I edit and frame it. Till then live in suspense"

I pouted but let him be as Namjoon called all of us to leave. I got into Yoongi's car while the other boys got into a separate car as we drove to the venue. A pit formed in my stomach at the idea of being among so many people. If he was a senator, chances were that officials from the army, police and other government departments would be invited. There was a high chance of someone recognizing me.

Yoongi glanced at Lily beside him and he was surprised to see her looking so gloomy.

"What happened Babe?", he asked as he wrapped his free hand around mine.

"Nothing, I am fine"

"Why do you look so sad? Is there something on your mind you want to share?"

"It's nothing Yoongs, I am perfectly okay". I lifted our hands which were intertwined together as I pecked his cold fingers. Yoongi smiled at this gesture and returned his eyes to the road.

"Did I tell you, you look very handsome today"

"Today?", he asked cockily. "I look handsome everyday"

I scoffed. "If I ever complimented you when we were young, you used to run away from that spot blushing. You used to be so shy. Look at you now acting up"

Yoongi laughed, his eyes disappearing when he smiled too wide. I smiled seeing him. I let my eyes absorb the scene in front of me. It was just perfect, all of it. My one lie could ruin it all. If Yoongi ever came to know that I had betrayed him like this, he would be shattered.

We reached the venue and the valet took over the car. Yoongi put his arm forward and I slide mine around his as we walked into the hall. The boys followed behind as Yoongi guided us to some place.

I looked around - like I had presumed, most men were in uniforms. These were important people in the government but equally corrupt, money and power hungry people. Just like SeokJin's birthday, the place was filled with rich people.

A tall handsome man approached us, a man I was entirely familiar with and the sight of whom sent my body in a state of total shutdown. Senator Jung HaeJin.

When Yoongi told me we were going to a friend's party, I didn't at any point expect it to be this man. 2 years ago when he was convicted for possession of illegal drugs and arms, I was in charge of the team that lead this mission to dig out information on his business and link to the mafia.

"Senator, congratulations", Yoongi said hugging the man.

"Thank you so much Yoongi-ah, so glad you could make it". The man put his glass of whiskey aside as he greeted the other boys before lastly turning his attention to me.

"And who must this beautiful lady be?"

"This is Lily, my girlfriend", Yoongi said giving me a smile.

"It's an absolute pleasure", HaeJin said taking my hand and kissing the top of it. His eyes met mine and for a second he paused.

"Lily-ssi, you look very familiar though I cannot place my finger on where I have seen you"

Fuck. 2 years ago when he was being trialed for his drug case, I was one of the officers present in the court and he probably had seen me there.

"Lily works in media, you might have probably seen her in press conferences or interviews", SeokJin said and I couldn't thank him enough for butting in.

"Yeah, I uh was there in a couple of press conferences during the elections", I lied and HaeJin nodded. "Must be. My apologies, I cannot remember people well. Anyway why don't you guys enjoy the party, I will tend to the other guests. Yoongi, Mr Yoon Minseok was asking for you, why don't you join us"

Yoongi nodded, removing his hand from mine. "I will be back babe, why don't you hang out with the boys"

With that he left, leaving me with the remaining boys. Jimin and Jungkook were talking to a girl at the bar while Jin and Jhope were immersed in discussion with an elderly looking man. Namjoon was busy on his phone while Taehyung stood with me.

"Noona, I am stepping out for a cigarette break. I will be back", he said and I nodded. "I am going to be at the bar, you can find me there", I declared.

Right now a drink could really help me. The entire atmosphere had me tense and on my toes. I looked down as I walked hoping someone wouldn't recognize me as I made way to the bar.

"One Jameson please", I said to the bar tender as I sat on the seat.

"Coming right your way", a familiar voice spoke. My head shot up and my eyes meet with Jackson.

Before I could speak someone else took seat beside me.

"It has been a long time Officer Kang Y/N"

Im Jaebum.