Chapter 13

After my little stunt got caught, I was once again chained to the bed with the long metal ones that they used on me in the basement, the ones that were difficult to get out of. A guard had also been assigned in front of my room, making it nearly impossible for me to escape again.

One week had passed since that day. No one came in except for Hyuna who came to help me bath and give me food and Jin who came to gave me medicines. My leg was much better, the swelling had gone down and it did not hurt as much as it did before.

There was only one window in my room which had been grilled with steel bars making it impossible to escape. I could still see the garden from there and every morning sunlight came in helping me pray.

I spent most of my time sitting there looking outside. I had never felt more helpless in life than I did now. Most of the time I kept thinking about my friends at the bureau, Chanyeol and Baekhyun. How was Chanyeol putting up? I hoped Baekhyun did not blame himself for what happened.

I had spent the entire evening that day thinking about Jaebum. Even I couldn't believe myself. Why was I thinking about that asshole? Guess that is what an empty mind does - over think.

It was evening, the sun had set and I was about to retire to bed. I sat on the side of the bed, putting my head on the pillow. I was overcome with emotions as I remembered my father and tears rolled down my eyes. I missed him.

When I was 14, my father was killed. He was a special agent just like me and I had followed in on his footsteps. I came back from school when there were already three men sitting in my house who I had recognized as my father's friends. One of them bent down as he held his head down and informed me. I had cried and screamed so much that day, I couldn't talk for the next one week. They did not even let me see his body. I was put in a black hanbok and the last thing I remembered was sitting in a funeral room as other agents like him came in to pay respect to him. My mom had died giving birth to me and all my life it had only been my father and I. Even though he was away most days, he made sure I was raised well and loved enough.

I was in the middle of reminiscing about my father when the door opened. I quickly wiped my tears as I saw Hyuna standing there.

"You are supposed to accompany the masters somewhere. Yoongi has asked me to get you ready and downstairs"

He wanted me to go somewhere with him? Why would he want that? Maybe wherever we were going could have an opportunity for me to get some clues and information about their business and deals. Something I could use against them.

She helped me change into a pair of pants and a simple black shirt. On my insistence, she tied my hair into a pony tail. I wasn't the kind to wear make up so when she asked me if I needed any, I refused. At the end, I slipped my legs into a pair of shoes.

Still in my cuffs, I was dragged down to the living room where the boys were waiting, dressed in black suits and coats just like when I had seen them in Club Cabana. Was it their work attire?

Hyung let go of me and I stood there. Taehyung removed a key from his pocket as he unlocked me before tightly gripping my arm so I did not try anything.

The others stood and started walking. One of their men put a bag on my head and I was pushed forward. We must be out of the house because I felt a cool breeze on my face. But moments later I was being forced into a car. I was sitting in a car, my face covered. But sensing from the smell of the cologne, I assumed it was Yoongi sitting beside me.

The car started and so did my count. It was a trick. If you were ever kidnapped, count until you reached the destination. Based on it you could tell how many minutes away you were and finally deduce how far away from the place you were kidnapped from.

We reached some place and my count stopped at 1624.

1624 seconds = roughly 27 minutes.

Judging by the speed if the car travelled 1.5 kilometers in a minute, we were roughly 40 kms away from the original source.

I got out from the car and into some building. Once inside, the black mask had been lifted and I realised it was a club. But it wasn't Cabana.

I walked in between Yoongi and Taehyung, Yoongi's one hand on my wrist as he pulled me behind him. Seeing them, most people moved out of the way. We climbed a fleet of stairs after which we were inside a private room.

"Yoongi", a tall man said.

"Yifan, it's been long", the man said giving him a pat on the back.

Yifan, I made note of that unknown name.

I looked around the room. A number of guards stood while some were important looking men were seated on the couch, each one of them flirting or inappropriately touching a girl.

Yifan looked at me as his eyes trailed my body before resting on my face and a smirk spread on his face.

"Did you get the money?", Yifan asked.

Yoongi clicked his fingers and two guards came out with a suitcase and placed it in his hand. He opened it before taking a look and tossing it to someone who sat down to count it. He motioned with his fingers to one of his men who came in with a packet and placed it in front of Yoongi.

"89%, the best quality crystal. This is 1 kg. It will sell out like hot cakes. 50/50 partnership on all profit", Yifan said.

Yoongi motioned for Jimin to take me away and the blonde in a swift pull took me to the other side of the room where I couldn't listen to the conversation. Fuck, I could have known so much from eavesdropping on this entire thing.

Disappointed I stood there on the side watching all the men interact. I realised I wanted to use the restroom as I called for Jimin.

"Jimin"

"What?", he spat at me.

"I need to use the restroom"

"No"

"Please"

"No"

"Please, it is an emergency. I wouldn't ask otherwise"

He glared at me before walking to Yoongi and saying something in his ears. The other man looked at me and then said something to Jimin. He came back and removed cuffs from his pocket before putting them on my hands. With that he pushed me out of the room and down the stairs. The music was blasting through the entire club as we walked past numerous drunk people until reaching the women's restroom.

He opened the door and stepped in making a group of girls flinch in fear.

"OUT EVERYONE, RIGHT NOW"

The drunk girls who were giggling initially all hurdled up together as they walked out of the restroom. He checked all stalls before pushing me into one.

"Don't try anything funny or the last thing you will see is your head blown up against the dirty walls of the bathroom"

I locked the door, struggling to pull my pants down with my cuffed hands. I bent down until my eyes fell on something black fallen behind the pot.

A mobile phone.