After

5 months ago

His eyes opened slightly as light penetrated his Iris. Yoongi blinked, adjusting himself to the sudden loss of darkness. Muffled voices became more clear as he recognized it slowly. It was his brothers, members of his mafia - Bangtan.

He blinked his eyes more as memories from the past started playing. He could only picture one person. Everything in his mind was fresh like it had happened only a few moments ago. He was betrayed by the one person he loved with all his heart.

"LILY", he shouted as he tried to propel himself up. A sharp pain shot through his arm and shoulder as he realized he had a needle within his arm.

The boys came running towards him. "Hyung, lie down please. You are not well"

"Hoseok", he said as he saw the younger standing with a worried look on his face.

"How long have I been unconscious?"

"It's been a week", the raven haired man said and Yoongi blinked in confusion. As he looked around, the faces of all the people within the room became clear. It was a hospital room. The boys had all gathered around his bed while Hyuna sat on a chair in the distance, her hands placed on her lap.

"What happened? How am I alive? She shot me, she... Lily, she is a special forces agent. She... betrayed all of us... where is she? I need to find her", he panicked as he tried to remove the IV from his hand.

"STOP IT Yoongi, calm down", Jin held his shoulders tightly as he kept the younger one in place. Seeing a plead look in Jin's eyes, Yoongi stopped before a single tear rolled down his eyes.

"Hyung", he began. Jin was taken aback a moment. Despite being older, Yoongi never called him Hyung. "I loved her and she.. she could have just told me. I loved her with all my heart. It hurts", he cried, clutching his chest. "Why did she do it? Was my love not enough?"

"Yoongi, listen to me, please stop. Just stop", Jin begged.

"Hyung, I...", he tried to say something but no words came out of his mouth.

"Lily.. I mean Y/N, she was the one who saved all of us", Jin said.

Yoongi's eyes widened and he looked up as he met the older one's eyes.

"What are you saying?"

"It is true she is an agent. She did lie to all of us. But she was the one who saved all of us from this mess."

Yoongi looked down, not being able to process all that was being said. He had seen it himself. She shot him, she lied to him and pretended to be someone she wasn't. How could Jin Hyung say that?

"Hyung", Namjoon was the one who spoke. "That day when we were caught, Y/N lied to her fellow officers. She told them we used exit 30 while in reality we had escaped through exit 13. That is why those officers never caught us. Also, it was her idea to lure everyone to the cliff behind the yard. When she shot you, she shot in your left shoulder despite knowing that you have Dextrocardia and that your heart is inclined towards the right side of your chest. It was she who told Jin Hyung to take you away as soon as you fell so that your body couldn't be discovered and the agents wouldn't find out that you were alive. Hyuna also has something to say.."

Hyuna stood up as if it was her cue to speak. She came and stood in front of Yoongi.

"Master, the day that you all left for your meeting with Monsta X and Ikon, I found Lily in your office stealing documents. She was on the phone with someone and that is when I heard that her true identity was Agent Kang. I was about to run and inform one of you when she stopped me and told me the truth. Over the days, she had collected all evidence that could potentially have you exposed in court which she handed over to me and asked me to burn. I took it all to the river behind our mansion before burning it and throwing the ash in the water. It was on her order that I had Woosung throw all our drugs from the brothel and the office into the river as well. When the BOC raided the mansion, they did not find anything because none of the evidence existed."

Yoongi's head hurt as he heard all this. He couldn't process things. All this time Lily was saving him while he thought she was the one who had stabbed him in the back. A memory from the past played in his mind. After she had tried to commit suicide, she had made him promise one thing.

You will always love me and forgive me.

The attempt to end her life wasn't because she was ashamed of loving him - it was because she was torn between having to choose between him and her duty.

A few tears rolled down his eyes as he stared at the ground below.

"Hyung", Jimin was the one who spoke. "The BOC declared that you are dead as your body couldn't be found. Since we all escaped and the Mafia broke apart, they closed this case. All of Monsta X and most of Ikon members were killed except for Hanbin and June so they stopped investigating on them. They are currently in police custody. Our businesses were sealed but we managed to get most of our money out."

"Lily. where is she?"

All members and Hyuna were silent as they looked at each other. Yoongi waited for an answer but no one spoke.

"Hyung, Noona...", Jungkook was the one who dared to speak.

"WHAT HAPPENED JUNGKOOK, SPEAK UP"

The younger flinched but gathered himself together as he spoke once again. "Noona was dismissed from the BOC. In a public trial, she was removed from her post as an agent and they stripped her of her rank. For all we know she has left the country and no one knows where she went"

"No, no this can't be", Yoongi cried hard. She couldn't leave him. Taehyung and Jungkook scooted closer to him, as they hugged him. All the boys shed a few tears. They had never expected someone like Lily who they had tortured and hurt so much to save them and give them one more chance at life.

It was when they came to know the truth did they realize how much she loved Yoongi and that no one other woman could ever be right for him.

Yoongi cried his eyes out in pain. His emotions had no control as tears flowed from his eyes. He wanted nothing more than to just see her, have her in her arms and kiss her. Hold her like she meant the world to him. Tell her how much he loved her and wanted to be with her even after death did them apart.