Chapter 33

"Lily"

I looked up from the leather book I was reading to see Suga. It was his lyrics book and reading it again made me feel nostalgic. I had it without his permission taken as I sat in the bed in his room, running through the pages.

He had stopped very abruptly. After the day I left, there was hardly anything written. It was all blank.

"Why are you reading this?", he asked.

"Because it is beautiful and reminds me of things, of the times when you were writing and I used to annoy you"

He smiled and took a seat beside me.

"Did you really not recognize me when you saw me?"

I removed a photo and I put it in front of him. The one I had clicked on my camera and given him a copy of. An embarrassing memory from the past.

"You used to look like this", I said and he covered his face in embarrassment

"You used to look like this", I said and he covered his face in embarrassment. "Now you don't. Puberty hit you like a truck over and over"

"Does that mean I am handsome now?", he asked.

"Hey, Don't put words in my mouth. I never said that"

He chuckled taking the picture from my hand. "If this picture reaches the hands of other Mafia lords, I am going to have to pack my business and move to Tunisia or Yemen"

I smiled at his statement as I looked through other pictures.

"You still look the same. I almost recognized you when I first laid my eyes on you"

I looked up to meet his eyes. "At the club, when we had you tied in a chair. I had to look away for a moment because you seemed so eerily familiar. Then I saw you the second time praying to the sun and that is when I was convinced it was you"

I stayed quiet not knowing what to say.

His thumb moved to my cheeks and he wiped a tear away which even I didn't know had escaped my eyes.

"I am sorry Lily, we did this to you. I am so sorry"

"It's okay, I forgive you. You saved me yesterday and that time when you refused to give me away to Yifan. I am thankful for that"

He nodded. He turned to me again and this time his eyes went from mine to my lips. I gulped as he came closer. My body almost shut down as his lips brushed mine. Yoongi closed his eyes as he pressed his lips onto her soft ones. She sat there like a corpse - just how she did when he first kissed her. She still hadn't learnt how to kiss.

Guess he spoke too soon.

Her hands traveled to the nape of his neck as she pulled him closer, letting her lips move in sync with his. His hands cupped my cheeks as he kissed me deeply. I broke apart to look him in the eyes as I sniffed a tear back.