Chapter 45

Yoongi walked into his office as he got a call from one of the dealers. His eyes traced Lily's back as she walked to their room, her lavender gown flowing behind.

She had been behaving weirdly. For a few days he had been observing her. Some times she would be sitting by herself looking stressed and dull.

He decided to talk to her after the call was over. After 15 minutes he walked into their room. She was no where to be seen.

"Lily, are you inside?". He knocked on the wooden door of the bathroom.

"Lily, open up. Are you okay? Do you feel sick?"

There was no response from the other side which made Yoongi worried.

"LILY... LILY", the knocking became more violent. Yoongi panicked as he shouted for her a couple of times. Unable to take it any more, he removed his gun before shooting the metal knob. The sound resonated through the entire room before he kicked it open.

I pressed the knife into my wrist lightly. Slight crimson blood started flowing. At this point I had shut myself from everything around me. It was only me in this moment. I pressed the knife further and more blood oozed out.

The door broke open and I immediately dropped the knife at the sight of Yoongi standing there. Yoongi stood there frozen as he took the scene in front of him. Blood flowing from Lily's hands while his shaving knife lay on the ground.

It took him a second to register it. Lily was trying to harm herself. At the sight of her he lost balance before gathering his senses and running to her.

Without a word I watched as Yoongi removed his handkerchief before wrapping it around my hand. I couldn't meet his eyes. He had seen me trying to kill myself and I know he would never forgive me for that. I was lifted in the air as he picked me up before heading to the room.

None of us spoke a word. I just kept crying because I felt so guilty and pathetic and Yoongi kept running around trying to find a first aid kit.

He sat beside me, gently removing the white cloth as he dressed it up. I spoke nothing, just let him do what he wanted. Tears wouldn't stop rolling down my eyes and at this point I wanted to dig myself under the ground for my stupidity.

As it was done, Yoongi looked up to meet my eyes. A tear rolled down his own cheeks as we kept looking at each other in silence.

"Why?", was the only word he spoke. A simple word which conveyed so much emotion and pain. I looked down, breaking into a sob. He pulled me closer to himself as he hugged me tightly.

"Say something Lily.. please.. what is happening? Why did you do that?"

I held the collar of his shirt as I cried even more. I felt his tears at the nape of my neck and it hurt me to know he was crying.

"God damn it Lily, don't fucking stay silent. Talk to me. What happened for you to take such an extreme step?". He yanked me away from him, clutching my shoulder tightly as he looked at me in the eye.

"Yoongi... I.. I am sorry". With that I broke into more tears. Yoongi cried himself seeing Lily break down like this.

"Please tell me, is it something I have done?"

"No.. no.. no.. it's not"

"THEN WHAT IS IT? IF I DID NOT BARGE IN, YOU WOULD HAVE CUT YOUR WRIST? YOU DID NOT EVEN THINK ONCE BEFORE YOU DID THAT? WHAT ABOUT ME? HOW WAS I TO LIVE AFTER KNOWING YOU KILLED YOURSELF?"

His raised voice made me avert my eyes in fear. I wanted to tell him everything so desperately but I couldn't. I was a coward and the worst person because I was playing with his heart and his life.

Yoongi stopped as he saw he had scared Lily. Right now whatever the circumstances were, he had to be patient and careful with her.

"I am sorry", he apologized.

He raised his hands and wiped my cheeks. Next moment he disappeared into the bathroom and I heard the sound of gushing water. Yoongi walked out of the room and took my hand making me stand up.

"Turn around"

I did as he asked and the sound of my zipper being lowered filled the room. In a moment my dress fell leaving me only in my undergarments. He walked me inside and I stood in front of the tub. His hands found the hook of my bra and he unclasped it before removing my underpants. He lifted me up and put me in the bath tub. With the shower head he sat at the edge, washing my body as I sat in the middle of the tub like a corpse, staring at the jaded rim of the tub.

"It's pretty late and we should probably go to bed now. You never sleep without taking a bath so I am going to do that for you. Let me wash your hair with that raspberry shampoo that I really love so I can smell it in your hair". I heard his voice crack like he really was trying to stop himself from crying.

Yoongi washed my body and scrubbed the shampoo in my hair. Under the water from the bath, he couldn't probably see my tears. Never in my life had I regretted my circumstances so much. To shield myself from one lie, I had spoken a thousand more and now they were sucking me deep into their web.

Yoongi watched the girl in front of him. He had never seen Lily this weak and looking almost dead. He was used to seeing the fearless and strong side of her that the vulnerable one scared him. He couldn't get the image of her with the knife in her hands out of his mind.

"Lily"

"Lily"

I looked up as I realized Yoongi was calling me. "You need to dry now, it's cold outside"

I nodded and came out as Yoongi wrapped me in a towel. He headed to the closet and came back with his clothes.

"I will change into it Yoongi, you can wait outside"

"But I.. I will just sit here, you can change into it". The panic was visible onto Yoongi's face. He did not want to leave me alone by myself in the fear that I would try and repeat my actions from earlier.

"Yoongi, don't worry. I am not going to do something stupid again"

He nodded and stood up to leave. I changed into the clothes he brought me. His plain white shirt and a pair of his tracks which fit me like a glove. I looked at myself in the mirror one last time before I harshly wiped the tears of my eyes and walked out.

Yoongi had already changed out of his suit and he sat by the bed staring at the ground. It hurt me to know that this incident was now going to be like a scar in our relationship. He saw me standing there and he motioned for me to come into the sheets.

I climbed up and laid there as he pulled the white blanket over us before pulling me closer to himself.

I closed my eyes hoping that till the new day came in, I could forget all my pain and just rest in his arms.

It had been 3 hours since Lily had gone to sleep. Yoongi had been awake, staring at the girl. Everytime he tried to sleep, the image of her trying to kill herself played in his mind. Tears rolled down his eyes as he held her closer to him. Yoongi had never feared anything in life but the mere thought of losing Lily made him shrivel up like a kid afraid of the dark.

He couldn't figure out what had caused her to behave this way. Maybe it was him, maybe it was what he did for a living. He had seen her express a dislike for his work, his drug business, the way he ruthlessly murdered. Maybe that is what made her do this - the guilt of loving a man who killed other people so mercilessly.

Yoongi closed his eyes finally, strengthening her hold on her. He knew what he had to do. If for his Lily's happiness he had to give up all of it, he would do it.