Ticking time

It's was finally the awaited day. The team stood in the locker room changing to get ready for their first match as they did Momoi and Seta stood analysing the opponents data. When they all got ready, the two started explaining the outgoing of the match.
"So that's what we're gonna do any questions" Nijimura raised his  hand. Momoi have him a nod allowing him to talk.
"How about you Set' aren't you gonna play?" He asked.
"Well, I'll leave the match to you, I'd you can't manage I'll go" she stated. They nodded even though some didn't seem fine with it.
In the evening after their matches they decided to go towards the Maggie Burger.
"Go without us we still have stuff to do" Nijimura said as he pointed to Seta and Haizaki.
"Uh, okay then see ya" They separated ways as the old trio headed over to the gym. Their they discussed the incoming matches. Suddenly as they spoke Seta started coughing violently leaving Haizaki clutching to his chest. He looked at his sister his eyes slightly wide.
"Seta, what's this about" he asked. Nijimura looked from him to Seta with a worried look.
"I'm fine I must have a cold" she stated. Haizaki clicked his tongue in annoyance.
"You're liein!" He said. She looked at him sighing. Nijimura's gaze shifted to her closed hand.
"Then show both of your hands" he stated.
"But I said I'm-"
"Just do it" he cut her.
"..." Seta held our her palms showing red blood over them.
"I knew it, your not getting better are you" Haizaki said. Seta looked down.
It's not like that,I am getting better I jus-"
"How much time do you still have a year?" Seta rolled her eyes.
"No now I have 3 years" Nijimura sighed in relief. Haizaki just nodded.
"Your not lying are you" She slightly but her inner cheek as she nodded giving a smile.
As they got home Seta and Haizaki were met with numerous people moving their mother's furniture.
"What's going on" Haizaki asked. They watched as furniture went on being moved. Anka approached them with a grim expression.
"Young Master, Young Mistress welcome home, Master Shang is expecting you" Seta nodded unsure as she and her brother went up the stairs. When they got inside the office their father was seated with a letter in hand.
"Seta, Shugo have a seat" he said. They did as said bodies tense.
"How was your day" he started.
"Fine but what does this have to do with all this" Seta asked. Their father ignored the question.
"The weather seems to grow cold, winter is approaching" he stated. The two stared at Each other in worry.
"Father is everything fine" Haizaki asked. The man sighed his gaze shifted to his children.
"You both know about your mother's chest trauma right?" They nodded.
"Well Okai-san passed to see her today, before he arrived she started coughing up blood" he stopped breathing in.
"She's at the 4th stage, she's not getting any better" both stared in horror.
"Wait what about the surgery" Haizaki asked.
"She's taking it, but there's 70% chances of it to fail" Seta gritted her teeth.
"The furniture is being moved to a clean room so she doesn't get any more infections"
"Whats that supposed to mean" Seta yelled.
"Seta-" Haizaki tried to make her sir back down but she just swapped her hand away.
"No! Okaa-chan can't die!" She yelled.
"Seta I understand your fear, but there's nothing we can do, and I'd also like to warn you especially," her father stated. Seta flinched sitting down.
"You have inherited the sickness but at a higher rate, yours is worse then Seto's I know you won't stop basketball but be careful" she looked down.
This is suffocating...