Chapter 9: Heeded Warnings

The world around me was spinning. All the yelling just barely a whisper to my ears. My vision blurry, I was confused. Where was I? I felt myself get picked up by someone very strong. I blinked a couple of times to see someone's back. 

I looked up to see a boy run behind, his face was quite odd.. I didn't expect to see such a beautiful face filled with fear, tears running down his soft cheeks. Jake Park, my boyfriend.. my fiancé. My body was on the ground now, I watched the scene unfold in front of me. 

I watched him yell and fight out the masked figure that stood tall in front of him. He held his famous kitchen knife aggressively. He leaned in to grab Jake by the throat, I saw his eyes. The color of his eyes.

His brown, chocolate eyes now a dull color. He was lifeless. I felt my body shake, looking at my trembling hands. Blood appeared there, I was now staring at my fiancé's lifeless body. The kitchen knife was in my hands, with my free hand I had reached over to touch my face. 

I felt the rubber mask over me. I quickly took it off and saw the mask Michael Myers always worn. Shaking my head, I dropped both items. I screamed out in agony, fear washing over me.

The nerd had sat up quickly, his breathing was heavy. He looked over towards his left, he sighed in relief. Jake was still soundly asleep, his snores the only noise heard within the tent. Dwight chuckled and laid back down to cuddle next to his boyfriend. Jake stirred a bit and kindly accepted Dwight's warmth. 

"Hm.. What's wrong babe? Had a bad dream again?" Jake mumbled into Dwight's ruffled bed hair, his eyes still closed. "No, I was just cold.." Dwight patted his hand and scooted closer to him. "Hm.. we are going to be called in for a trail soon. The entity is calling." He yawned, squeezing Dwight playfully. 

The small nerd had whined, slipping out of the grasp. "Nnoooo! You were so warm.." Jake turned over to cover himself with the sweater beside him. "I mean.. no one told you to sleep shirtless." Dwight crawled out of the tent. He yelped feeling a slight slap on his bottom. 

He kicked at Jake just to hear him laugh. The nature male had crawled out afterwards. He stood up and stretched, letting out a small groan. They looked over towards the other tents, Kate and Ace stood out of the tents they rested in.

"Well hiya, Darlins'. It's a bit early for a trial don't cha think?" Kate looked up at the sky, letting out a small yawn. "Yeah.. if ya count the never ending night early then sure." Ace rolled his eyes in annoyance. "Mmf! Says the one wearing sunglasses in the dark." She yanked them off his face. 

Ace had let out a dramatic gasp and snatched them back. "I need them for.. Personal reasons." He stated and placed his glasses back on his face. The three had chuckled at Ace's behavior. They turned to looked at the forest that formed into a gateway to ColdWind Farm. Kate and Ace had walked on ahead while the two love birds stayed behind.

Jake held onto Dwight's hand, giving a small squeeze. Dwight looked up at him and gave him a small peck on the lips. Taking in a deep breath, he led him into the trial. Dwight had led them towards a generator, letting go of his hand he started to work. Jake looked over to the side to see a hook, a smirk appeared on his face. 

Walking over to it, he had started to work his magic onto sabotaging it. It was about two minutes and Dwight finally finished his generator. The engine roaring to life and he instantly jogged away from it. He had met up with Jake again, seeing him working on a generator next to his satisfied work.

"I see you are on a sabotaging spree." Dwight hummed helping Jake. Jake chuckled, shifting some gears into place he got off. "Doing generators is your specialty leader." Jake cooed and poking at Dwight's side.

Dwight swatted his hand away. "Keep distracting me and I will mess up on this." He mumbled fixing a few wires. A very famous music played within the whole area, signaling someone had leveled up to tier two.

The sound had made Dwight tense up. He had misplaced a wire and it blew up in his face. Shielding himself from the flying sparks, the nerd had backed off from the generator. Jake yanked him away from the area and into hiding behind the haystack .

"This map is an advantage and disadvantage for Michael. We can lose him easily in the crops just in case we are in a chase, remember that." Jake patted his boyfriends head and ducked him down. Michael appeared in front of the generator they were working on.

He gave it a kick and made sure the progress was slowly going down. Looking over towards the hook, he had examined the destroyed and useless meat hook. He let out a big huff in annoyance and walked off.

Jake nodded for Dwight to follow him. Dwight had done what he was told, pushing up his glasses he followed. The ringing of the noise was heard once again letting all survivors know that he was in tier three. The intense piano music was heard behind the boy's.

Jake was quick to turn around, seeing the masked figure speed walk towards them. He held his knife outward, gripping the kitchen knife handle tightly. "Run into the crops! Whatever you do, do not look back." Jake commanded and pushed Dwight ahead.

Dwight had quickly ran into the crops, hearing tapping of another person right behind him. Jake was constantly looking back, he assumed Dwight was going to be okay on his own the rest of the trial. He looked at his boyfriend one last time and changed direction. Michael quickly decided to go for Jake.

Dwight heard screaming behind him. The voice was familiar, he recognized it as Jake's. He looked down at his shoes. "It's okay, he will be at the camp. He will be fine.." Dwight mumbled to himself and walked off to a different direction away from his fiancé's screams.