Chapter 14: Second Thoughts

Dwight walked back towards his side of the camp. His hands were a bit shaky as he made his way over to his shared tent. Jake was standing over at the tent entrance. The saboteur turned to see his fiancé walk on over.

The puffy raven haired male seemed worried, his partner was never this scared. Once Dwight stopped in front of him, he pulled him in for a small tight hug.

"What's wrong babe?" Jake whispered in his ear. He returned the hug, brushing his hand on his hair. Dwight simply shook his head; denying to answer the question.

"Dwight, I wanna help. I can't help if I don't know what's wrong.." The saboteur sadly rested his chin ontop the nerds head.

"I.. I am having second thoughts.." Dwight mumbled under his breath. His embrace with Jake tightened. Jake had let out a huff of air as the grip was a bit ruffer.

"Second thoughts about what?" Jake asked as he heard him mumble. Dwight shook his head. Sighing, the nerd pulled away from the hug. He kept his head low as the taller male looked at him in confusion.

"Is it.. About helping feng out? You can forget about that, I had taken care of that for you." Jake nodded with a small smile. He planted a quick kiss on his forehead.

"No! It's not that.." Dwight rubbed his temples. The saboteur tilted his head to the side in confusion.

"You need to break up with that Park kid if you want to be with me." Dwight gasped quietly as Michael's voice echoed in his mind.

"I think we should see other people.." Dwight looked up at Jake. His face completely blank, no emotion. Jake's eyes widened in shock.

"Are you seriously breaking-up with me?.." Jake asked. He was surprised Dwight didn't have much of a reaction to breaking up with him. The nervous leader nodded his head as he started to crawl into his tent.

"Go find somewhere else to sleep; this is my tent now." Dwight shooed him away. Jake turned away, he held back the tears that started to form. Sighing, he had walked off towards the center of the camp.

Dwight laid down on his blanket. He was confident this was a good idea.. Wasn't it? The voice of Michael kept echoing in the nerds head. Michael was usually never the one to talk.

So, why him? Why Dwight out of all people? The nervous leader had been asking himself the same questions every single minute. His dreams are nothing but him and Michael.

No Jake Park involved, no group of survivors, no trial after trial; free from the hell. Yet, he still felt happy being around his fiancé. Ex-Fiancé now.

The thought of the break-up coming to mind had hurt Dwight emotionally. Why did he break up with him? Was it because of Michael? To maintain a relationship with the psychopath?

That's a possibility.. Dwight turned over to his side, staring at the shadow that sat by the campfire. The nerd frowned as he realized that was Jake.

"Maybe I should apologize?" Dwight asked himself as he watched another shadow appear next to the campfire.

"What's the point in apologizing if you broke his heart?.. Plus, you have me." The voice was very familiar to Michael's, it was just more clear.

"You told me to break it off." Dwight replied back to the voice talking to him. He knew it was in his head, but he felt a bit lonely.

"You broke it off sooner than expected. I thought it would've taken a week or two, since you are attached to that hook saboteur.." The voice snapped back in anger. A low growl came at the end of the sentence. Dwight sighed, closing his eyes. He imagined he was talking to Michael himself.

"Im sorry.. I just wanted to satisfy you. Plus, I do miss having you around.." Dwight hugged the figure. Michael hugged back tightly, his free hand gripping the kitchen handle tightly.

"I need people to know you are mine.~" Michael whispered in the nerds ear. He slowly let the tip of his kitchen knife go down Dwight's back.

Dwight shivered as he felt the cold dirty metal on his skin. His blood slowly started to seep through his shirt from his abdomen.

"Doesn't that feel nice? To have a mark, showing that you are claimed?" Michael continued to slowly cut on his back. He pressed down a bit harder which made Dwight wince.

He let out a small grunt. Looking up at the psycho, he let out a unsure smile. The taller figure smirked, pulling the nerd in he gave him a passionate kiss.

Dwight opened his eyes as he looked around the tent. He was by himself and the campfire was their only source of light. The shadows that sat in front of the bonfire was gone.

Rubbing his eyes, he sat up. Maybe he didn't regret breaking up with Jake. Yet.. The thought of Michael possibly killing him whenver he wanted to scared him mentally.

"I should've stayed with Jake.. Why did I break up with him?" He loudly asked himself, cupping his face into his hands. He sighed loudly and laid back down. Looking at the top of his tent, he closed his eyes once more.

He wanted to forget everything that happened today. He smiled softly as he fell into a deep sleep.