Arthur x M: Hunting Mishaps

(Reader speaks in italics and thoughts are in bold.)

It had been three days since i left camp. I and the rest of the camp had grown sick of Pearson complaining about the lack of meat. It was foolish of me to go by myself but i always liked my solitude. Now i was perched halfway up a tree trying to escape some wolves. They circled the tree letting out vicious barks and howls. My guns were below laying in the fresh snow. My arm was swollen and throbbing from the deep bite i had received from one of the wolves while trying to escape. 'I won't last much longer. I'm already pretty dizzy from blood loss. I'll either freeze to death or be eaten.' I thought grimly. "Hey!" A familiar deep voice echoed over the barking. My head snapped in the direction of the shouting to see Arthur. He fired a warning shot from his rifle as he moved closer to me. The wolves rushed him causing me to panic. Arthur quickly shot and killed two causing the others to run off. "Arthur are you insane! They could have killed you!" I shouted angrily. "A thanks would have been nice." He muttered standing under the tree. "Drop down." I hesitated for a moment before letting myself fall backwards. I landed in Arthur's arms with a thud. "Jesus your arm." He gently grabbed my arm which was bloody. "I'll worry about it later. I just want to get off this damn mountain." He nodded carrying me over to his horse. "Where's your horse?" I frowned. "Took off on me." He mounted before helping me on. "Hold on." I held onto him with my good arm tightly as he galloped down the trail and out of the snow. After a good hour of riding we stopped and Arthur set up camp. "Let me look at your arm." I took off my heavy winter jacket giving him access. He gently rolled up my sleeve and shook his head. "This is pretty bad. I'm gonna have to clean it." I nodded frowning. "Why'd you go up there by yourself? You should had taken someone with you." I let out a slew of curses as he began cleaning. "I don't know. I just wanted to be by myself." Arthur paused and looked deeply into my eyes. "Look just.....don't do that again okay? I.....uh.....really care about.....you." My eyes widened and my face turned scarlet. "You do?" Panic took over his features and he quickly looked away. "Arthur relax, I feel the same way." He rubbed the back nervously sighing. I gently lifted his chin to look at me and smiled. "I never did thank you properly." I leaned down brushing my lips against his before pulling back. A goofy grin spread across his face making me laugh. "How about from now on you thank me only that way, deal?" I chuckled leaning in for another kiss. "Deal."