Dutch X F: Dance The Night Away

(Reader speaks in italics and thoughts are in bold.)

I sat alone in my tent hiding away from the world. I didn't feel like doing anything but laying in bed. Sadness had crept it's way into my brain like a venomous snake bite. I tossed and turned trying to find some comfort among the many blankets strewn across my bed. 'Everyone has someone but me....hell even Arthur has Mary.' I thought sighing. I sat up glancing at my book shelf. Unfortunately none of the books seemed interesting enough to grab. 'Dutch is playing music again...' My thoughts of sadness turned to my fondness for Dutch. I closed my eyes humming along to the music that played softly throughout the camp. A small smile crept onto my lips as i hummed. "May I enter?" I shot up letting out a squeak. Dutch stood at the entrance to my tent with a amused look. Embarrassment quickly rushed over me. I had never even gotten dressed this morning or brushed my hair. I knew i looked like a complete mess. "Sure." I mumbled. I wrapped myself up in the blankets letting only my face stick out for Dutch to see. He sat down at my desk turning the chair around to face me. "Have you been in here all day?" He asked arching a brow. 'Oh no...he's going give me the money speech isn't he?' I slowly nodded. "Everything okay?" I was a little surprised he seemed to concerned. "I just didn't feel happy enough to go out today." I answered honestly burying my face in the blankets. "So your plan was to just hide like an animal in your blankets?" He asked laughing. Heat rose to my face which luckily for me he couldn't see. "Maybe." I heard Dutch stand up and move closer to the bed. I panicked as the blankets were pulled away leaving me exposed to the world. "Get dressed and meet me outside." I pouted but complied. Dutch left the tent with a small smile. 'I wonder what he wants me to do.' I thought changing out of my nightwear. Once i looked civilized i stepped outside my tent. Dutch was gone. I wandered around the camp becoming worried because i couldn't find anyone. Music caught my attention and i quickly made my way over to Dutch's tent. Dutch stood before me holding out his hand. "Where's everyone at?" I asked walking over to him. "I sent them away for the evening." I grabbed his hand giving him an unsure look. "Dance with me." I let out a laugh. "I can't dance Dutch." He guided my free hand placing it on his shoulder. His own free hand wrapped around my waist making me blush. "Dancing isn't that complicated. Just follow my lead." Slowly we began to waltz. Dutch was a surprisingly great dancer. I tried my best to keep up with which wasn't easy. "Where did you learn to dance?" I asked giving him a smile. "My mother taught me before i left home. She always said women love a man who could dance. I guess she wasn't wrong." I rolled my eyes. "Dancing is fine. But that's not the reason i love you." I replied boldly. He tripped caught off guard. I pulled him back into the dance smiling. Regaining his composure he began to lead again. "Then what is the reason?" I shrugged. "There are many reasons. Your kind, intelligent and very optimistic. But i guess the biggest reason is that you make me happy. You give me a reason to get up in the morning most days." He smiled resting his forehead against mine. "I love you." I replied with a kiss letting out a laugh after i pulled away. We remained embraced dancing until dawn.