Arthur X F MAJOR SPOILERS: While You Were Gone

(Reader speaks in italics and thoughts are in bold.)

"Hey momma?"

"Yes child?"

"What was daddy like?"

"He was just......him."

"Do you think daddy would have liked me?"

"He would have loved you more than anything on this earth."

"Really?!"

"Yes."

"Why did daddy have to die?"

"Sometimes things happen in life you can't explain darling."

"Will you die?"

"Everyone will eventually."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Momma!"

"Yes?"

"Will you be buried up here like grandma and grandpa?"

"No. I'd like to be buried next to your father when he goes."

"What was grandpa like?"

"I never met him."

"What was grandma like?"

"She was......a very sad woman. Grandpa was everything to her. But she always told me no matter how bad it got she was always happy to see me."

"If grandma knew he was sick, why did she stay?"

"She always said though her time was short with him it was the happiest days of her life. She taught me to love someone no matter the illness or difference."

"Is that why you married daddy? Because he's blind?"

"I didn't marry your father because of his flaws. I married your father because I love him dearly."

"Do you miss grandma?"

"I miss grandma and grandma everyday."

(Anonymous person requested something sad with Arthur after he's gone. Their prompt was that Arthur married the mom but sent her away with Sadie before the ending. She never got to tell him she was pregnant. She was to be sad but the daughter always brightened her day. Then it was to transition to the daughter and her daughter discussing her now grandparents. I've never done a story with only dialogue. I hope who requested it liked it.)