~ 3 ~

~( 🌸 )~

        Jungkook handed Sungi a cap that said 'Officer' on it. He has now accepted that he will train Sungi. He can't argue with Hoseok about it anymore, matter of fact, he stopped talking to Hoseok. He wasn't going to talk to him at the moment. He was angry because he thought out of all the people, Hoseok will understand him.

    He was also annoyed. He was aware that Hoseok was doing the right thing, the conflict that he wanted to avoid and steer away from, it couldn't be avoided anymore. He has to face it. But can he?

   "Hyung, are you okay?" Sungi asked him as he took the cap that Jungkook handed him. He was concerned for him and wanted to talk to him on why Hoseok and Jungkook fought.

    Jungkook just got over it, he thought it was a stupid fight and wasn't going to make a big deal out of it. "Yes, now let's  go. We have a day full of training to do." He walked ahead while Sungi followed him. "Also, call me Second Chief. Don't calm me Hyung here." He mentioned.

     Sungi knew he couldn't do that. But, he giggled while he heard Jungkook say that. Jungkook frowned and turned around raising a brow "What's the joke?" He asked.

  Sungi tried holding his giggles while he shook his head. "It's nothing," he said.

  Jungkook folded his arms and wasn't going to let this go. He wanted to know why the younger was laughing. "No, no. Tell me." He insisted.

     Sungi giggled again "You call the first Chief Hyung. Aren't you being a hypocrite." He said.

   He couldn't argue with that. He now felt how Sungi feels when he tells him to call him a Second Chief. Jungkook hummed trying to think of a solution "Hm, when we are alone you can call me Hyung." He said.

  Sungi smiled satisfied "Noted." He replied as he started to walk again.

    They left the police station and went to the car. "Okay, you did memorize the felony's right?" He asked while they both got into the car.

  Sungi scoffed feeling confident "Of course, that's the easiest thing!" He replied to him. Putting his seatbelt on and gazing at Jungkook. He has missed him. He was the person that took care of him when he needed someone the most, but not just him. There was another one too that he was going to ask about.

  "Good job, hey Sungi. Why didn't you do to med school? You wanted to be a surgeon so badly." He asked curiously. He remembers how much he mentioned that when they used to work together. Sungi felt happy when Jungkook remembered that.

   He smiled a bit, "I want to be like you. I know it may sound stupid and a little childish. But you have no idea how perfect I see you." He said.

  Jungkook gulped feeling surprised a bit. He never saw himself as perfect or near perfect. He feels now pressured to be a good role model for Sungi. But he had the slightest feeling that Sungi still had feelings for him. Although, he didn't think about it too much and brushed it off. "You could easily take over the station, why did you choose the harder path?" He asked him.

Sungi can easily become the boss since his father was the boss. "I'm smart enough to know that, that it is not how you succeed in life. I'm not depending on my father, I'm depending on myself. I passed all the tests because of my hard work. I came here because of my hard work." He stated passionately.

  Jungkook started the engine, he began driving feeling proud of Sungi and how far he has came in just two years. "You grew up well." He said.

   Sungi smiled happily, he looked at Jungkook's hands as he drove. "You don't wear your ring when you work?" He asked.

    Stepping on the break, the car slid to the side off the road, thankfully there wasn't any cars at that moment. He quickly parked on the side road and exhaled. "What?" He asked.

   Sungi sighed "I wasn't even invited to the wedding, I kind of felt disappointed when you didn't invite me. I really wanted to go and throw flowers at you two. It was probably a special day for you two and I wanted to be there-"

     Jungkook quickly cut off Sungi's sentence "There wasn't a wedding." He said.

  Sungi tilted his head, he then clapped his hands together "Ohh, well yeah I guess you are still his fiancé, well invite me when you do it okay?"

   "Sungi..." he gazed at him.

   Sungi saw something in his eyes, something dark. He didn't know that something bad happened between the two. He never would have thought that they would have something bad between them. "Hyung... did you break up?" He asked.

   Jungkook looked away, it was starting to rain. He took a deep breath and felt like he was getting no air. He slightly open the window not caring about the rain drops that were falling in the car and on him. "We are taking a break." He replied.

    The younger was now even more curious. "Well for how long?" He asked.

   Jungkook bit his bottom lip "Um.. it has been two years... no more questions." He closed the window and started to drive again.

   Sungi's eyes widened "That's not a break, you broke up! Why did you? What happened?" He asked.

   He was left uninterpreted. Jungkook wasn't going to answer anymore questions.. well at-least not at the moment. But he knew more questions awaited him. He will have to face these questions sooner or later.

   "So you're single?" Sungi said.

  Jungkook sighed and glanced at him "You really don't understand what privacy is huh!" He asked.

  Sungi giggled "But Hyung, you and Jimin were perfect for each other. Really, I gave up my love for you so you two can be together. I really can't imagine you two without each other. You were always together, like you were glued."

  Every word Sungi said, made Jungkook want to get out of the car. He didn't know that every word he spoke about Jimin. Was like getting stabbed in the heart each second.

  "You know the sales were buy one get the other one free. You two were like that. I remember staying in your apartment and you two didn't ever separate-"

   "Sungi! Would you shut up already?!" He asked annoyed.

  Sungi nodded feeling a little scared since Jungkook was serious. He slightly raised his voice at him and that made him a little scared. After two minutes or so, the younger asked him another question.

    "Are you two still talking?" He asked.

                           ~( 🌸 )~

Me when you ask me if this will have a happy ending 

Uwu u guys ofc it will