~10~

Edited

|3 years ago|

It was a quiet Sunday night.

I was busy reading when the door of my room suddenly burst open. Hunter strode inside and plopped down beside me on the bed.

"What's up?" He drawled out.

"Reading." My respond was short.

I returned my attention back to the book I was reading. It was one of my favorites, "Gone with the Wind."

"That's nice." He responded casually.

Suddenly the book was yanked from my hands.

"Hey!" I screamed in frustration. "I was just getting to the good part! Give it back."

Hunter rolled his eyes, "You've read this book like a hundred times already."

"So?" I asked in annoyance.

"So, you can read it later Scarlett O'Hara." He teased. It was a coincidence that I had the same first name as the protagonist in the book.  I rolled my eyes at him. 

"Right now we're going to a party." He smirked.

I gave him a glare. "No thanks. You can go by yourself. Now give me back my book."

His smirk grew wider.

"Nope. You're not getting the book." I watched as he held it out of my reach.

Does he want to die?

This meant war.

I tackled him and he fell back in surprise.

I snatched the book from his hand and pumped my fist in triumph.

But my happiness was short lived.

I screamed as I was suddenly flipped over and pinned down. His hands and knees restrained me.

"It's cute how you actually thought you could win." He chuckled.

His eyes locked with mine.

We were so close. My breath hitched.

A few strands of his dark hair fell over his eyes. His eyelashes brushed against his high cheekbones and his jawbone seemed impossibly sharper with his five o'clock shadow.

"Scarlett, come to the party with me. Please?" His voice was pleading.

I was finding it increasingly difficult to breath with his close proximity.

"I look like a mess right now. I can't go to a party like this." I tried to protest.

Oh My God.

Why does my voice sound so breathy?

It's embarrassing.

"You look beautiful. You always look beautiful." He murmured and he started leaning in. My eyes closed involuntarily. My heart was beating wildly in my chest.

His eyes crinkled at the corners. My chin tilted up as I leaned forward on my own accord.

His phone rang and we both jumped at the sound. The reality of the situation hit me.

What the hell had I been doing?

He quickly got off me and answered the call. I noticed that his ears were tinted pink.

Probably the same color as my face.

"It's Bruce. He's waiting for us at the party." Hunter mumbled.

"I can't go in my pajamas." I argued.

Hunter rolled his eyes. "Megan and Danielle are downstairs, they'll help you get ready."

"I've already asked your parents for their permission and they've said yes because they love me" He winked.

I realized that there was no getting out of this.

My lips formed into a pout and Hunter just winked at me before he started walking out.

"I hate you." I shouted after him.

"You love me." He shouted back.

I grinned.

Fine. I would go.

It's just a party right?

What's the worst that could happen?

Little did I know that in a few short hours all hell would break loose?