~ 29.5 |Hunter|~

Play the song above please. It's so beautiful!

~~~~~~~

  "What's more important? What we become or how we become it?"  ― One tree hill

~~~~~~~~~~

|Hunter|

|3 Years Ago (Prom)|

This was it.

It was officially the end of sophomore year. The end of possibly the worst year of my life.

A slim pair of arms suddenly wrapped around me "Hey babe. I've been looking everywhere for you." I cringed when I heard Nichole's voice purr in my ear.

"Shouldn't you be with your date right now?" I spat out.

"Nah, I ditched him. He was just my ticket to senior prom so I could come here and be with you." Her eyes narrowed. "I'm still hurt that you didn't ask me."

I was about to tell her to get lost when Danielle's voice caught my attention. "I can't believe we're actually at senior prom!"

That's when I saw her. Scarlett. My breath hitched.

So Beautiful.

She always looked beautiful but right now she looked breath-taking.

"I'm so glad Jace asked you! We're the only freshmen who got asked!" Danielle squealed and my hands clenched into fists as jealousy stabbed my chest.

Scarlett had come here with Jace?

I watched as she whispered something to Danielle but I couldn't make it out. Then suddenly her beautiful doe like eyes met mine.

It took great effort to stop myself from going to her, it was physically painful.

Enough

I couldn't do this anymore.

I couldn't stay away from her.

I didn't have the strength to do it anymore.

Tonight I wasn't going to hold back.

I wrenched myself away from Nichole and quickly jotted down a note telling her to meet me on the roof.

Tonight I was going to tell her everything.

I was going to tell her why I treated her the way I did.

I was going to tell her how I felt about her.

"Hey Sam!" I called out one of my team mates. He jogged towards me and raised his eyebrows in question. "Do me a favor and give this to Scarlett, will you?"

For a moment he just stood there and studied me but then he shrugged and took the note from my hand. I watched him walk over to Scarlett, my heart thudding wildly.

I couldn't waste any more time. I quickly made my way to the roof and waited for her.

A few minutes later I heard the sound of her soft footsteps. I was so nervous I had to remind myself to breathe. My hands were trembling.

I saw her walking towards me and stopped a few feet away. It was dark so I couldn't see her properly.

I was about to speak but she beat me to it.