Chapter 5: I got a job

Callie's P.O.V.

"I got a job" I announced to my best friend before taking a sip of my cinnamon latte. We were sitting in Starbucks and it was a cold New York day, as usual. The warmth and the smell of the coffee shop always made me feel at home, it reminded me of Christmas where me and my mom would make gingerbread on Christmas Eve. I missed those days.

"Doing what?" Lacey questioned.

"Photography for a band"

"Which band?"

"I don't know and I won't know until the first day of tour"

"Maybe you coud hook up with one of them" Lacey winked at me.

"Hell no"

"Come on Cal, it's been 3 years you need to get over him and move on. He's a dickhead for leaving you like that, he didn't even have the guts to do it face to face, he's a coward Cal you don't need him and he doesn't deserve you. You need to move on, you've not had a boyfriend for 3 years"

"I'm just scared that I'll get my heart broken again"

"I know but you need to let your guard down first" she said.

"I'll try"

"Good girl, now you need to help me with my portfolio because you know I have no sense of organisation" I laughed at her statement as she pulled out her portfolio.

Over the next 3 hours, 5 cinnamon lattes and 5 caramel lattes down, we finally sorted out Lacey's portfolio amongst talking about anything and everything.

I'm gonna miss her whilst I'm on tour but I'm excited that I'll be doing what I love once more.