hints.

((this is based off of the video where stephen controls will's tinder "i don't like stephen tries anymore"))

stephen was excited to film with will again. he was down for the weekend, and the geordie had kindly let him stay at his apartment. stephen felt bad for crashing at wills house, but he promised that it was absolutely fine and that stephen was welcome no matter the circumstances, which made him happy, stephen had never had such a nice, comforting friendship before, it really meant a lot to the boy.
stephen was currently on the train, adorning his mercy t-shirt and some black jeans as he listened to music. the boy watched the world go by from time to time as he was currently texting max, the only person he trusted enough to tell about his crush.

max: so you finally gonna admit to him?
ste: i don't know, don't think i have the courage mate
max: well what's the worst that can happen? you could kiss him for a dare or a video, come on
ste: he's straight max, you seriously think he'd agree to that?
max: well maybe you can bend that straightness of his
ste: shut up for gods sake
max: who knows, all i can do is wish you good luck nonce
ste: cheers x

putting his playlist on shuffle, stephen let his head relax back into the seat, only twenty more minutes then he'd be able to see will again.
stephen was nervous to say the least, he tried to ignore this crush of his for so long, so much so that it just got even worse by the time he finally accepted it. he knew he had no chance with the taller guy, first of all he was straight, way out of his league and stephen was probably the last person will would think of dating. but poor stephen still had some hope, some stupid hope that maybe, just maybe will might like him back.
but, as max said, who fucking knows?

twenty minutes passed quicker than stephen had expected, and soon enough the strawberry blonde was picking up his backpack, throwing it onto his back and exiting the train. he stepped down onto the platform, looked around and quickly followed one of the tunnels up to the surface. snatching a quick coffee on the way, stephen had made his way out of the train station, drink in hand as he waited for his uber to arrive. two minutes later the car pulled up beside stephen, who hopped in and gave the address to wills building.
the shorter boy was tapping his fingers to the music on his knee whilst his eyes made their way to the window, watching people pass by. stephen was definitely a people watcher, he found it fascinating to watch others get on with their day, be it walking the dog, chatting to someone, working away at their laptop, anything, it'd interest the male. as of now he was half paying attention to a cyclist, half in his thoughts of today's recording session with will. he was a little nervous, will had allowed him access to his tinder account, and they were going to make a video based on wills reaction, a good video to say the least, he knew both of them were going to enjoy recording it.

and he was going to prove that thought right, seeing as the uber had pulled up to wills apartment complex, so he thanked him, paid the guy and got out, grabbing his bag and shutting the car door behind him. the complex always intimated the ginger each time he approached it, tall and towering over everything around it, but anyway, stephen threw on his bag and entered, heading toward the lift and stepping in, pressing the correct number to wills floor. the boy tapped his foot nervously, for some reason he was always nervous to see will, well, that reason was because of his crush but that was beside the point. now all stephen had to focus on was stepping out this elevator and knocking on wills door. which he did.
the elevator binged as it reached wills floor, the doors sliding open as the shorter male stepped out and walked shortly down the corridor to reach wills door.
hesitant, stephen stood there for a second before he drew his hand up to press the bell.

almost seconds after, a small noise of unlocking the door was heard and it was opened, to reveal a beaming will, his smile easily contagious. stephens smile joined along as he was pulled into a loving hug, surprising but not taken for granted, it was a chance to be close to will, feel his body heat and grab a smell of him too.
"how are ya mate? not seen yous in ages."
"i'm alright yeah, yourself?"
stephen asked as he gently pulled away, looking up with a happy smile.
"great now that you're here. now bloody hell, get in here."
will stepped back to allow the shorter man into his apartment, shutting the door behind him as he did so. stephen took his bag off and walked into the living room followed by will, setting it by the sofa.
"so then, shall we get this video started?"
and with that, a small nod was all that will needed for a huge grin to cross his face.