black isn't sad.

this chapter was suggested by the incredible @joesh-is-real ! their idea was the fucking bomb so i had to write it haha

will wasn't usually invited to important things. a youtube conference maybe now and then, but that was very rare.
no, this time, one of his mates friend, who was considerably rich and important, had invited him to the party. he was told that he could invite one of his friends, and will got picked to go, so of course he was buzzing for it.
he had a pretty exciting journey to go out on the london streets and find something suitable to wear for the gathering, which, after many hours, he had settled with a black long sleeved shirt accompanied black jeans, which actually suited him rather well.
his friend had told him that an email would be sent his way a night before the party, and so will just had to play the waiting game, wondering, after the fifth day if it had all just been a hoax.
but no, on the wednesday night, as will was scrolling through reddit, a notification popped up to say he had a new email. hopping onto the case, will clicked on a new tab and opened up his email, clicking the new letter he had just received from the unknown.

it read:

dear sir/madam,

you have been invited to an exclusive event to be held at the wilford house tomorrow night. the address and details to get there will be listed below, and we hope to see you there.
be sure to arrive no later than 8pm. if you wish, a significant other may be allowed to join you.

best regards,
J.R.Wilford

will read through the email twice, then forwarded it to his phone so he didn't forget later.
one sentence played through his head, and it began to get on his nerves.

'if you wish, a significant other may be allowed to join you.'

now, will had been single for quite sometime, so he had no idea as to why that certain jumble of words stuck out to him so much.
he wanted to ask if he was allowed to bring stephen along with him, but nerves getting the better of him will never got round to asking, and now it was confirmed only a partner could join you.

silence.

then will had an idea.
will jumped onto his phone, tapping messages and hopping onto his chat with stephen.

me: hey stephen, got something big to ask
the reply was almost instant. cute.
ste: yes!
me: what
ste: i will marry you william lenney xx
me: oh piss off haha
me: anyway right so i've been invited to this proper fancy party thing yeah
me: and i wanted to bring you along but the email i just got telling me about it says i can only bring a partner with me
me: so i was thinking, you wanna pretend to be partners so i can sneak you in?
ste: well why not, sounds fine with me, i think it'll be fun
me: yeah, but it means that we'll have to be all lovey dovey with each other and kiss and stuff
ste: it'll be fine, im sure, whatever you're comfortable with i am too, okay? i promise when we get there i don't do anything you won't want me to, it'll be alright

will smiled like an idiot at that text. how sweet and genuine stephens words were made him feel all gooey and warm like a proper good chocolate fudge cake. he found stephen adorable when he said stuff like that even if it was through text.

me: aww 💞
me: but same
ste: im excited will, i think it'll be really fun
me: yeah, let's hope it's not too crowded for you
ste: as long as i'm by your side i'm sure i'll be fine
me: you're being a proper sap today aren't you?
ste: well we are boyfriends aren't we?
me: not until tomorrow we're not
ste: can't i at least tease it on twitter
me: no you can not stephen lawson
ste: thanks babe! xx
me: i don't like you
ste: love you too 💞