o3.

Valencia

I woke up to my phone's alarm blaring loudly. I groaned and kicked my feet like a tantrum under my covers. It's 7 already? PM that is. After we stayed up from the previous night til 2 this afternoon, 7 PM felt like torture.

I snoozed the alarm. But those extra 20 minutes felt like 2. Fuck it. I'm up. I stuck one leg from under the covers. Progress.

After 30 more minutes of procrastinating, I got my ass up. I went into my bathroom and started the shower.

I walked out of my room, through the joint living area and knocked on Sasha's door. "Wake up mama! It's almost 8!"

I heard groans and mumbles. That was a sign that she wasn't up. I let myself in her room and flickered the lights. "Wake up!"

"Valencia! Fucking stop!!" Sasha said as she covered her face and grunted.

"Then wake up. We're running late." I said.

She sucked her teeth. "There's no such thing as running late to a party. Especially in Cali." She got out of bed and went into her restroom closing the door.

I went into mine and closed the door. I started up my Pandora on my phone. Hmm. What to listen to. Let's start ratchet. I selected the Travis Porter station and my bathroom was instantly filled with "Make It Rain".

45 minutes later of showering, applying makeup and picking out an outfit. I was getting dressed.

Sasha peeked her head in my room as I was zipping up my shorts.

"You think I'm too plain? tomboy-ish? something?" She asked in a sad tone while looking at herself in my full-length mirror. Sasha was a gorgeous girl with impeccable style. She grew up in Atlanta, with her father and in her senior she moved to California to stay with her mom to better her chances of getting into UCLA. So her southern accent added on to her charm nicely. She stood before me in a two-piece, neon pink outfit that she'd already disclosed was from Forever 21. Her edges, as usual, were laid to the GAWDS as her hair was pulled up into a ponytail though her hair still naturally flowed down her back from it.

I walked past her and pulled out my shoes from one of my shoe racks. "No. And if you do, we in the same boat." I said with a laugh as I put on my shoes and stood beside her in the mirror. I wore a black tight-fitting tank with the matching biking shorts that cupped my booty enough to make me feel like I was really working with something back there. My curly hair hung past my shoulders as I smoothed it down as best as I could.

We were cute. Not too dressy, not too basic. We were just right.

"Are you ready boo?" I asked.

"Girl you know I am!" Sasha replied while dancing in place, cause us both to laugh.

I pulled out my phone and tweeted:

@LovelyLencia: Stepping out with my roomie boo @RealSashaJ #GreekParty #FirstCollegeParty #TurnDownForWhat

I put my phone back in my back pocket and took a quick glance at us again and headed out the door with Sasha.

We finally got to the party and turnt up would be an understatement. On the walk over me and Sasha agreed to not be such freshmen and act like we're cool about everything even if we are super hype on the inside.

As soon as we hit the door dudes was trying to dance. But Sasha was just trying to find her cousin. I held onto her hand as we walked through the crowd to make sure we didn't lose each other in the chaos.

Somehow I ended up leading us through the crowd. To where? I'm not sure but suddenly I felt my arm jerk back and when I looked behind me I saw Sasha with her hands in the air. "This my song!" she screamed over 'Bounce It' by Juicy J. I must admit. I like this song too.