14.

Quincy

"Goddamn Sasha! Let's go!" I hollered from the couch. This damn girl will be late to her own funeral.

She came out with the meanest smug on her face. I smiled at her. "Good morning sunshine!"

She rolled her eyes at me and went to tap on Valencia's door. Chris' voice sounded from the other side. "Yeah?"

"Tell Valencia I'm gone." Sasha said as she grabbed her shades and purse and walked past me, huffing with attitude. She's so cute when she's upset.

I chuckled and followed her out. "Well, at least you look nice." I said as I looked her up and down while she was locking their door.

She rolled her eyes for the umpteenth time since this morning. "You know what would be nice? Knowing why you woke me at 8 on my sleep-in day and what else would be nice is knowing where we going."

I wrapped my arms around her and kissed her as we waited for the elevator. "One. I woke you at 8 but you didn't get up out the bed until 10 and Two. What did I tell you during your pledging?"

She mumbled, "Trust the process."

I smiled and stepped on the elevator. "Exactly. Trust the process. Trust the Quincy."

——

After a 75 minute ride of endless traffic, I parked and cut the car off. I looked over at a sleeping Sasha and snapped a quick picture of her before waking her.

"Come on babe. Get up. We here." I got out the car and walked around to her side and opened the door. "Sasha get your lazy ass up."

She groaned and got out the car stretching. "I swear this better be some good breakfast. You know how precious my sleep is for me." She sassed as her southern accent spilled out as it always does when she's mad. Then she took a quick glimpse of our surroundings. "Uh Quincy..."

I smiled to myself and grabbed her hand and led her up the porch. I turned the knob but it was locked. The fuck. I started beating on the door like as if I were the police.

"Quincy... Who house is we at? Is this your family home?" She asked as she nervously looked around the porch and yard.

"Stop. You'll be fine." I assured her.

She looked down at herself and began pulling her pants up and shirt down as much as it could to cover her exposed tummy and piercing. She wasn't dressed inappropriately. She had on some stonewashed jeans and a crochet knitted crop top. If she wasn't up to par, I definitely wouldn't have brought her.

I smacked her hands down and banged hard on the door again. "Stop! You're fine."

"You shoulda told me." She said while fluffing her curls. She's so cute when she's nervous.

The lock turned on the door and there was my sister. "Hey lil ugly!" I said as I hugged her.

She returned the hug then looked at Sasha as Sasha nervously bit her lip.

"Sasha, my sister Crystal (in multimedia). Crystal this is my girl Sasha." Crystal smiled and waved and Sasha returned it.