33.

Valencia

I was really enjoying Chris being here this weekend but the guilt was eating me alive about kissing Brandon

My parents shocked the hell out of me and agreed to let him stay here, of course in the guest room downstairs.

Best believe we got it in every chance we could though. We were supposed to clean the kitchen after a later brunch my mom whipped up but instead we got in another one of our quickies. Now that it was done, we were actually doing the dishes and just in the nick of time too because my father came down to grab a beer from the fridge.

Instead of going back to his man cave, he grabbed a stool and stayed in the kitchen with us. "How you doing today Mr. Sulan?" Chris spoke to him.

It warmed my heart that they were both so comfortable and relaxed with one another. It made me worry less.

Chris said my dad initiated one of the "man to man" convos with him but wouldn't give me much details.

Still I loved knowing they could share a room and it not become a pissing contest or an interrogation. My mind drifted to my secret I was keeping. It wasn't fair to Chris and he needed to know that I fucked up.

"Right, Valencia?" My daddy said, snatching me from my thoughts.

"Huh?"

"You gonna take him to eat at Frenchy's? It's not a Houston trip without it."

I looked at Chris and he had a bashful smile on his face. "Yeah, I'll take him."

After finishing up downstairs, we parted ways to get dressed and soon we were out. "This is your car?" He asked about my three year old, onyx colored Audi.

I nodded telling him the story of it being a gift for my 16th birthday from my parents. I was going to be able to finally bring it to back to California with me in the fall. Ubers and Lyfts are cool but they really start adding up.

We drove past my old hangouts, my previous schools, random landmarks around the city for picture purposes then to Frenchy's. I ordered for him and we took it all to the park to eat at one of the tables.

"Mhm. Told ya." I said as he bit into a boudin ball. "It's not as good as it use to be, but it's still good." I advised while eating my own food.

"Yeah I clearly been west coastin' for too long. Nothing is fried or greasy enough like the south." He said.

We had a cute lil lunch date out here and spent the rest of our time just sitting and talking.