18.

Sasha

I was in the process of helping Valencia pack a bag for the extended weekend. She was flying back home to be with her family this would be our first time since meeting, being away from each other longer than overnight.

My dad and his girlfriend went on vacation for Thanksgiving so I decided to go to my mom's for the break and she lives just like a freeway trip away. So does Quincy so we're not leaving until Wednesday night.

"Aint Chris from VIrginia?" I asked while folding up shirts that she pulled out.

Val nodded while sitting Indian style on the floor digging through shoes. "Yeah, but his mom is in New York for the holidays so he's debating on either going there or staying behind with Quincy and doing Turkey Day with them."

I pouted, "Aww I wish you could stay and be with me."

She returned the fake pout, "Yeah me too. Or that you could come with me. Maybe spring break we can go somewhere!" I smiled at the thought of Spring Break. That would be the shit.

I fiddled with my fingers, "So I have a confession to make."

Valencia was digging deeper into her closet so her responses were muffled but I knew she could hear me.

"So it's like the 20th something of November. And my cycle was due around the 7th...."

Val quietly crawled out of her closet and stared me down. "Are you saying what I think you're saying?"

I shrugged. "How don't you know?" She asked.

"I haven't tested yet. I'm scared to know." I confessed.

She got up off the floor and sat on the bed with me and pulled me in for a hug. "Don't be afraid. Quincy is a good guy. You're a great girl. You two would make great parents. The scariest part is not knowing so you still need to find out. You need to make sure you and the baby are okay if you are."

I nodded and hugged her back, not letting go. "You're right. I'll wait until we come back for break. Promise not to tell?"

She nodded. I sucked my teeth. "I mean it. You tell Chris everything. I don't need him telling Quincy before me."

"Girl shut up! I'm not gonna tell!" She said and laughed. "Now help me finish packing!"

Valencia

I made Sasha sit on my suitcase so that I could zip it. "I think I may have overpacked."

"You fucking think?!" said Sasha with a laugh.

My phone began singing a familiar tune. I picked up and smiled. "Yes, baby?"

"Hey gorgeous." his voice boomed through my ears.

I blushed hard, "What's up?" I always feel like I'm 16 or something when talking to him. Sasha made fun of my caking ways as she walked out of the room.

"Just got done hooping with the boys. You still packing?"

"Nope. I just finished. Sasha helped me. You coming over before I leave?" I tucked my phone between my ear and shoulder as I slid on a pair of socks.