16.

Valencia

Me and Sasha had just hung out in the underground and ate good. She definitely eased my spirits and I felt the most comfortable and safe than I have in weeks. While leisurely walking back to the dorm, Quincy had called Sasha but committing to bestie time, she ignored his call, twice. He called back a third time and I assured her it was fine to answer.

As soon as she did, she was cut off from speaking as her eyes widened as she looked at me and hung up. "We got to go!" She said, grabbing my hand and practically dragging me as we ran across campus. She wouldn't tell me what was going on but we ended up at the athletic complex.

We ran into one gymnasium and it was empty and I was out of breath. "Sasha! Tell me what's happening, bitch!" I demanded while resting my hands against my back. Commotion could be heard and Sasha took off running again with me on her trail even more confused. A large group of chaos spilled from the adjacent gymnasium and it kept moving out of the doors of the complex.

I felt an uneasy feeling in my stomach as I prayed to myself this wasn't what I thought was happening. That prayer went out the window when Quincy was shouting at Demetrius. Sasha looked at me and we had a conversation without words before rushing behind the boys.

Chris' shirt was off and if it were under different circumstances, I would have been stuck in adornment. He was tugging his pants up and pacing in fight stances as Demetrius held up his fists as well. His appearance was disheveled which let me know this wasn't round one of the fight by a long shot.

They danced around, talking shit to one another before Demetrius ran up and stole one off on Chris which started the rumble. The circle around the fight got tighter and I could no longer see what was happening. Taking flight, I ran to the cluster of people and peeled each person out of my way until I stood front row. Chris was on top of Demetrius, pounding into his face.

I screamed for them to stop but it was lost in the sea of other shouting voices. Darting around the scuffle, I ran up on Quincy. "Stop them!" I shouted and he simply moved me out of the way and told me to stay back. Demetrius had gained an advantage by the time I looked back and was now on top hitting Chris.

I screamed again and ran to the duo and pulled at Demetrius' already ripped shirt but he didn't budge. I swung and hit him along the side of his face with all my might. That caught the entire crowd's attention. Demetrius yelped in pain while holding on to his ear, falling off of Chris.

I'm not sure what came over me but I followed Demetrius as he stumbled to stand. I jumped on his back and sent him back into the pavement. Now it was me on him, swinging wildly and making connects. He rolled me off of him and I quickly crawled back over and began smashing his face into the grass. Everything was happening so quickly as Demetrius overpowered me and pushed me, sending me flying on my back. It was then that he grabbed my ankle and people jumped in to try to break it up. He held my ankle tightly and I used my free leg to kick at him until a landed a good flat kick to his face that not only gained my freedom from his release but knocked him out cold as I was dragged away.

An hour later, myself, Chris, Demetrius, and 3 other niggas were all sitting in the campus police building. The officer on duty was on his phone talking someone who seemed to be of higher authority to him.

We had all been questioned as a group and separately but we all kept mum and just said it was a typical fight. Here am I, saving Demetrius' ass shortly after I kicked it. He was out cold for a couple of seconds but came too just as the campus police arrived.