31.

Valencia

"About fucking time, yo." Quincy said as I came out of my classroom.

I sucked my teeth and rolled my eyes before dropping onto the arm rest of the chair Chris occupied.

"Shut your ass up. Just because you failing finals with flying colors don't mean I don't wanna take my time." I sassed back.

"Yeah whatever, study long, study wrong." He said back.

"Yeah, don't study at all, ya grades will fall." Sasha chimed in making me laugh.

"Can y'all chill with these hip hop Dr. Seuss ass rhymes?" Chris interjected before pulling me down into his lap causing a fit of squeals and giggles to escape my lips.

Myself and Rodney were the last to need to take our finals and now that I had just concluded my last one, we waited for Rodney to finish.

After a stop by our dorms to switch out my backpack for another bag we hit the road.

An hour later our two full cars pulled up to the beach and our fun in the sun began.

Sasha made sure to bring the camera for us to vlog our day. Today was a celebration because it officially marked the end of me and her freshman year in college.

Between the two of us we've encountered love, heartache, international travel, greek life, internet fame, loss of sleep, finding that sleep...in class, tears, laughs and a many more of memories that will forever be iconic. I couldn't have chosen a better roommate, friend and even business partner.

"I love you best friend." I said, hugging Sasha's small frame. Initially she seemed skeptical of my random affection but she soon gave in and returned the embrace.

Not long before was our moment interrupted when Quincy snatched her up and towed her away over his shoulder to the water.

A few weeks ago they hooked up after Chris' party and Sasha regretted it initially but then realized that Quincy was where she wanted to be and based on her smile, I couldn't agree more.

I joined everyone out in the water and recorded them all as well as myself while giving random commentary. "I literally love California. I don't know what Ima do when I go back to Texas." I admitted to the camera with a bright smile.

I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss home though. Then in that moment my smile fell. I wasn't sure what I was going back home to to be honest.

I hadn't shared a room with my dad in months. Am I even ready to meet my.... sister?

"Lip dip." Chris said, dragging his finger against and down my lips before taking a seat beside me in the sand.

My face twisted in disgust. "Boy I don't know where your hands been!" I yelled at him, hitting him in the gut with my closed fist.

"Inside of you." He said, smirking and kissing my lips, winning a smile from me. "And my ass." He added with a straight face making me squeal in disgust again, wiping my lips.

"You ready?" He asked as I kept my frown and nodded, standing to my feet to begin the grill for our food.

———————